Squeak 5.1 is still incapable of loading seaside

Squeak 5.1 is still incapable of loading seaside

CdAB63

It breaks due to greaseInteger... some fix on the horizon????

--
The information contained in this message is confidential and intended to the recipients specified in the headers. If you received this message by error, notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copy or alteration of this message are strictly forbidden and subjected to civil and criminal sanctions.

==

This email may be signed using PGP key ID: 0x4134A417

Re: Squeak 5.1 is still incapable of loading seaside

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 05:41:03PM -0300, Casimiro - GMAIL wrote:
> It breaks due to greaseInteger... some fix on the horizon????

IIRC, the Seaside development team has invited us (the Squeak community)
to participate in the necessary grease development for the compatibility
layer. I don't know if anyone has stepped forward to do this, at least
not recently.

This seems like a really worthwhile thing to do, and I would expect that
the scope of work is not really very large. Is anyone interested in doing
this? Or better yet, is anyone already doing something about it and able
to give a status update?

Dave

Re: Squeak 5.1 is still incapable of loading seaside

Chris Muller-3
I just loaded Seaside 3.2.0 into Squeak 5.1 via SqueakMap with no
visible problems...

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 4:48 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 05:41:03PM -0300, Casimiro - GMAIL wrote:
>> It breaks due to greaseInteger... some fix on the horizon????
>>

> IIRC, the Seaside development team has invited us (the Squeak community)
> to participate in the necessary grease development for the compatibility
> layer. I don't know if anyone has stepped forward to do this, at least
> not recently.
>
> This seems like a really worthwhile thing to do, and I would expect that
> the scope of work is not really very large. Is anyone interested in doing
> this? Or better yet, is anyone already doing something about it and able
> to give a status update?
>
> Dave

Re: Squeak 5.1 is still incapable of loading seaside

fniephaus
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 11:51 PM Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just loaded Seaside 3.2.0 into Squeak 5.1 via SqueakMap with no
visible problems...

The Seaside project also has a mirror on GitHub which is tested by TravisCI. According to that, all tests are passing in a Squeak-5.1 image:

Fabio