Squeak 5 on Raspberry Pi

EuanM
I've just put the latest stable Squeak 5 folder on my Raspberry Pi. (on Raspbian)

Executing the squeak.sh file does nothing.

What other steps should I be taking?

Re: Squeak 5 on Raspberry Pi

Herbert König
Hi,

it worked out of the box for me. Only thing I can think of is that you
unzipped the file on a different computer and didn't preserve the
execution rights.

Did you put the zip on your Pi and unzipped it there?

Cheers,

Herbert

Am 05.11.2015 um 10:13 schrieb EuanM:

> I've just put the latest stable Squeak 5 folder on my Raspberry Pi. (on
> Raspbian)
>
> Executing the squeak.sh file does nothing.
>
> What other steps should I be taking?

Re: Squeak 5 on Raspberry Pi

EuanM
I'll try that this time (I had saved the zip to a mounted network
drive the first time).

Yep - all working now.  And so *fast* (I have it running next to
Pharo, which is unusable slow as a GUI.  Whereas Squeak 5 is zipping
along at Windows desktop speeds on the Pi (Model B).

sudo chown -R pi mySqueakDirectory recursively changed the ownership
of the folder (called 'mySqueakDirectory' and all its sub-folders and
files

sudo (to do work as the superuser)
chown (to change ownership of the folder and its contents)
-R to (to recursively change the ownership of the folder and all its
files, and the sub-folders and all their files)
pi to change the ownership to be belonging to Raspbian user account 'pi'
mySqueakDirectory  ( Alternatively ./mySqueakDirectory    the name of
the directory that Squeak
is installed in

On 5 November 2015 at 13:44, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it worked out of the box for me. Only thing I can think of is that you
> unzipped the file on a different computer and didn't preserve the execution
> rights.
>
> Did you put the zip on your Pi and unzipped it there?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Herbert
>

> Am 05.11.2015 um 10:13 schrieb EuanM:
>>
>> I've just put the latest stable Squeak 5 folder on my Raspberry Pi. (on
>> Raspbian)
>>
>> Executing the squeak.sh file does nothing.
>>
>> What other steps should I be taking?

Re: Squeak 5 on Raspberry Pi

ipstone
Hello,

I have a different scenario - on a arm based chromebook (Asus flip 10), running under crouton/ubuntu. Somehow when I unzipped the all-in-one, and run the squeak.sh, it says:
"core error dump" ...

Is there something special here, that makes it different with Pi? or there are some missing packages that I need to install. Ubuntu itself has Squeak 3.9 as package, but that's too dated ...

thanks,

Isaac