Squeak 5.x on freebsd

Edwin Ancaer
hello,

is there somewhere a recent VM, Image and Changes file that I can download for use on FreeBSD?

Of course I could try and build it myself, and I admit it could be a good exercise, but I would like to start using Squeak this year, so I hoped someone more knowledgeable had already done the job....

Thanks,

Edwin Ancaer

Re: Squeak 5.x on freebsd

fniephaus
On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 6:27 PM Edwin Ancaer <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello,

is there somewhere a recent VM, Image and Changes file that I can download for use on FreeBSD?

Unfortunately, our CI infrastructure doesn't support FreeBSD and I haven't manually compiled OpenSmalltalkVM on FreeBSD. However, you can see how a CI container is set up in [1]. The file also contains a list of all dependencies.

Of course I could try and build it myself, and I admit it could be a good exercise, but I would like to start using Squeak this year, so I hoped someone more knowledgeable had already done the job....

Maybe you could be the one contributing a "how to build on FreeBSD". ;)

Best,
Fabio

Thanks,

Edwin Ancaer