Squeak - Beginning Morphic

Robert Lamb-2
Hello. I am trying to learn Morphic. I wish to create some sort of canvas, drop
it into a movable, sizable, scrollable window, programmatically add say, a
CircleMorph to it, and allow the user to grab and move the circle with the
mouse.

I am having trouble figuring out the proper sort of canvas class that would be
best for adding/deleting/moving simple morphs around. Also, I am unsure how to
get that canvas into a usable application sort of window. Finally, how would I
allow the user to interact with the morphs on the canvas?

I have searched through wiki.squeak.org a bit, but I really can't figure out
the proper class for the canvas and how to manipulate it.

Thanks!

Re: Squeak - Beginning Morphic

K. K. Subramaniam
On Monday 29 Jun 2009 9:31:56 pm Robert wrote:
> I am having trouble figuring out the proper sort of canvas class that would
> be best for adding/deleting/moving simple morphs around. Also, I am unsure
> how to get that canvas into a usable application sort of window. Finally,
> how would I allow the user to interact with the morphs on the canvas?
see FormCanvas. It is a bitmap drawing engine. See John Maloney's guide to
Morphic at
  http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/morphic.final.pdf

HTH .. Subbu

K. K. Subramaniam <subbukk <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Monday 29 Jun 2009 9:31:56 pm Robert wrote:
> > I am having trouble figuring out the proper sort of canvas class that would
> > be best for adding/deleting/moving simple morphs around. Also, I am unsure
> > how to get that canvas into a usable application sort of window. Finally,
> > how would I allow the user to interact with the morphs on the canvas?
> see FormCanvas. It is a bitmap drawing engine. See John Maloney's guide to
> Morphic at

http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/morphic.final.pdf

> HTH .. Subbu

Very good link, thank you!