Squeak Fan Mail

Thomas A Petersen

Goran, Stef, Daniel, et. Al,

I appreciate all of the good work you and the rest of the coordinators have
done keeping the community together.  Your willingness to step in and keep
things in some semblance of order is a great thing.  There are a lot of us
mere “users” out there who are thankful for gifted people who are willing
to give of their time and talents to keep this fine place to think evolving
in positive directions.

I use Squeak in various places to:

Prototype ideas and perform parsing that other environments render
impossible.  Smacc and NetModel are very cool.

Connectors and the Diagram Browser are powerful tools for creating class
and database diagrams.  I hope that Hernan can update Jacaranda to
Connectors 2 some day.  I miss having his classes to subclass off of.  Who
needs Erwin when you have Squeak!

Squeak is a great place to show my Boy Scouts what a real computer language
and development environment can be.  I mentor the Computer badge.

I hope life and work will allow me to contribute more than kind words in
the future.
Tap

Re: Squeak Fan Mail

stéphane ducasse-2
> Goran, Stef, Daniel, et. Al,
>
> I appreciate all of the good work you and the rest of the
> coordinators have
> done keeping the community together.  Your willingness to step in
> and keep
> things in some semblance of order is a great thing.  There are a
> lot of us
> mere “users” out there who are thankful for gifted people who are
> willing
> to give of their time and talents to keep this fine place to think
> evolving
> in positive directions.

Thanks.
As I said my personal goal is to have a system that support the
vision of Dan:
        "A system that one person could understand" because I think that
this is
really cool to be able to learn from the system.

> I use Squeak in various places to:
>
> Prototype ideas and perform parsing that other environments render
> impossible.  Smacc and NetModel are very cool.

Can you let me know what is NetModel?

> Connectors and the Diagram Browser aare powerful tools for creating
> class
> and database diagrams.  I hope that Hernan can update Jacaranda to
> Connectors 2 some day.  I miss having his classes to subclass off
> of.  Who
> needs Erwin when you have Squeak!
>
> Squeak is a great place to show my Boy Scouts what a real computer
> language
> and development environment can be.  I mentor the Computer badge.
>
> I hope life and work will allow me to contribute more than kind
> words in
> the future.

me too :)