Squeak Foundation Board 2007

Ron Teitelbaum
All,

As a reminder today is the last day to announce your candidacy for the
Squeak Foundation Board.

If you are interested in running in the election then please announce today
by sending an email to Squeak-dev.

Thank you all for your participation in this process.  We encourage you to
stay in touch and monitor this list and the Weekly Squeak
http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com for articles and information about the
election and the candidates.  Remember to be eligible to vote you must have
an account on SqueakPeople http://people.squeakfoundation.org/ with a
certification of Apprentice or higher.

If you have any trouble getting your certification please feel free to
contact the list or email me off-line.  Your vote counts!  Please plan to
vote.

The voters list will be finalized on the 3rd of March, and the CIVS
(http://www.cs.cornell.edu/andru/civs.html ) election started. The election
will run for 3 days, and the results announced on March 7th, 2007.

Thanks,

Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Elections Team Member

Re: Squeak Foundation Board 2007

tblanchard
I'm announcing my candidacy for squeak foundation board.

I currently derive all of my income from Seaside application development working out of my home.

I have taken over maintenance of the GLORP port and am working with Alan Knight to make it every bit as slick as Rails for doing automatic schema migrations.  For Squeak, I've added connection pooling and basic schema migration.

I was previously the manager of Amazon.com's AJAX applications team and used Squeak to build an HTML/CSS validator to cut Amazon's error count from an average of 13 mismatched or unclosed tags to about one per page during 2005/2006.  http://badpage.net

I blog about stuff I care about at http://blackbagops.net

I would like to accomplish:
1) Reconciliation between the two very different goals of research and production ready system.  Both are important.
2) Work for funding for purpose of bounties/stipends for core facilities that will benefit the core platform.
3) Improve relations/communication among the various forks of squeak.
4) Raise awareness of Squeak as a serious open source platform for application development.

-Todd Blanchard