Squeak Image/VM Source Distributions

Brent Fulgham

Re: Squeak Image/VM Source Distributions

Milan Zimmermann-2
On 2006 December 29 02:35, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> I was hoping to update the MacPorts installer for the new 3.9 version
> of Squeak, but can't seem to find the virtual machine and image
> sources in comparable places to the earlier versions.
>
> Previously, I would go to ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/$
> {version}

Brent,

I believe the place to go to is

http://squeak.org/Download

it also has link to the the latest released UNIX VM source, 3.7 - there is
also 3.9 vm (alpha?) that should be at http://squeakvm.org, but I cannot
access it now, maybe it moved, you may need to search the squeak-dev archives
or ask at the VM list,

Milan

> At that location (previously for 3.8) I would find image and change
> files.
>
> Similarly, I could grab the UNIX sources for the virtual machine:
>
> ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.8/unix-linux/:unix
>
> Squeak-3.7-7.src.tar.gz
>
> But the 3.9 folder structure doesn't have any of the files I'm
> looking for.  Is there another place I should be looking?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Brent

Re: Squeak Image/VM Source Distributions

Matej Kosik-2

Re: Squeak Image/VM Source Distributions

Brad Fuller-3
Brent Fulgham wrote:

> I was hoping to update the MacPorts installer for the new 3.9 version
> of Squeak, but can't seem to find the virtual machine and image
> sources in comparable places to the earlier versions.
>
> Previously, I would go to
> ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/${version}
>
> At that location (previously for 3.8) I would find image and change
> files.
>
> Similarly, I could grab the UNIX sources for the virtual machine:
>
> ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.8/unix-linux/:unix
>
> Squeak-3.7-7.src.tar.gz
>
> But the 3.9 folder structure doesn't have any of the files I'm looking
> for.  Is there another place I should be looking?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - -Brent
For MAC: ftp://ftp.squeak.org/3.9/

squeakvm.org is the place, but it's down. Ian sent this msg a while back:

--
brad fuller
www.bradfuller.com