Squeak Oversight Board Election 2014

Ron Teitelbaum

Hi All,

The Squeak Oversight Board still has room for more candidates!  If you are going to run please announce yourself on squeak-dev.  Time is running out.

Thanks!

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election 2014

Bert Freudenberg
On 06.02.2014, at 01:10, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The Squeak Oversight Board still has room for more candidates!  If you are going to run please announce yourself on squeak-dev.  Time is running out.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ron Teitelbaum

It's a great lineup already, but having some more candidates would be good indeed! Step up, folks :)

I'll run again, too. This is an incredible community, and I'm glad to be of service.

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election 2014

David T. Lewis
I would like to run for a position on the Squeak Oversight Board this year.

I have participated in the Squeak community as a hobby programmer for a number
of years, making contributions to Squeak and to the Squeak VM, and contributing
several packages of my own.

I value Squeak as an environment for learning and for exploring ideas. Exploring
means creating new ideas, and it also means finding and learning about the good
ideas of the past. I want to be able to explore the old but amazing Squeak News
and Worlds of Squeak, and I want to promote new and amazing ideas enabled by
Environments. I want to continue being part of an active Squeak community that
cares about quality, has respect for ideas old and new, and makes Squeak better
with each new release.

I expect to continue contributing to and learning from Squeak in years to come,
and for this reason it is important to me to see Squeak grow and evolve as a
reliable and easily accessible tool for learning and exploring ideas. If elected
to the board, I will do my best to promote these goals.

Dave

RE: Squeak Oversight Board Election 2014

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi All,

We now have 10 candidates for 7 seats on the Squeak Oversight Board.  I
would like to thank everyone that is stepping up to run for the board.  Just
because we have 10 candidates doesn't mean we don't have room for more.  If
you are on the fence, jump on down and announce your candidacy now.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum