Squeak Oversight Board for 2013

Ron Teitelbaum

Hello All,

Thank you all for your participation in this year’s Squeak Oversight Board elections.  I especially would like to thank everyone that ran for the board.  It was a great list of candidates!  Thank you for running!

We received a total of 125 votes which is 6 more than last year!  Thank you everyone that voted!  You are the core of our community!

Now without further delay here are your Squeak Oversight Board members for 2013.

1. Bert Freudenberg

2. Eliot Miranda

3. Tim Rowledge

4. Craig Latta

5. Colin Putney

6. Frank Shearar

7. Chris Muller

Congratulations!  We are looking forward to a terrific year for Squeak!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Squeak Oversight Board for 2013

David T. Lewis
On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 06:03:21PM -0500, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Thank you all for your participation in this year's Squeak Oversight Board
> elections.  I especially would like to thank everyone that ran for the
> board.  It was a great list of candidates!  Thank you for running!
>
> We received a total of 125 votes which is 6 more than last year!  Thank you
> everyone that voted!  You are the core of our community!
>
> Now without further delay here are your Squeak Oversight Board members for
> 2013.

Thanks to everyone who offered to serve on the board. There was not one
candidate that I would not have been delighted to have on the Squeak
oversight board.

And thanks very much to Ron for running the election.

Dave

Re: Squeak Oversight Board for 2013

Casey Ransberger-2
Thanks to all who voted. I'm really pleased to see that we had a bigger turn out this year than the last. Good work, Ron!

Thanks to all who ran, and congratulations to the victors. It's a short list of wonderful people, and we're all very lucky to have their service.

--
Casey Ransberger

Re: Squeak Oversight Board for 2013

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board for 2013

On 2/8/13 11:09 PM, "Casey Ransberger" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks to all who voted. I'm really pleased to see that we had a bigger turn out this year than the last. Good work, Ron!

Thanks to all who ran, and congratulations to the victors. It's a short list of wonderful people, and we're all very lucky to have their service.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 06:03:21PM -0500, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Thank you all for your participation in this year's Squeak Oversight Board
> elections.  I especially would like to thank everyone that ran for the
> board.  It was a great list of candidates!  Thank you for running!
>
> We received a total of 125 votes which is 6 more than last year!  Thank you
> everyone that voted!  You are the core of our community!
>
> Now without further delay here are your Squeak Oversight Board members for
> 2013.

Thanks to everyone who offered to serve on the board. There was not one
candidate that I would not have been delighted to have on the Squeak
oversight board.

And thanks very much to Ron for running the election.

Dave

We have a great Board. Congrats to all.
Casey, my vote only do not put you on Board.
If you subscribe with your FunSqueak picture and share any you like with us, have 188 possible votes !!!!

Edgar

Re: Squeak Oversight Board for 2013

radoslav hodnicak
I'm late for this but:

Welcome our new board overlords!

Also thank you to the previous overlords. I would especially like to thank Chris Cunnington for doing an excellent job of communicating about the board's meetings and activities and I hope someone else will take over this very important duty.

rado

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello All,

Thank you all for your participation in this year’s Squeak Oversight Board elections.  I especially would like to thank everyone that ran for the board.  It was a great list of candidates!  Thank you for running!

We received a total of 125 votes which is 6 more than last year!  Thank you everyone that voted!  You are the core of our community!

Now without further delay here are your Squeak Oversight Board members for 2013.

1. Bert Freudenberg

2. Eliot Miranda

3. Tim Rowledge

4. Craig Latta

5. Colin Putney

6. Frank Shearar

7. Chris Muller

Congratulations!  We are looking forward to a terrific year for Squeak!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

re: board meeting notes (was "Squeak Oversight Board for 2013")

ccrraaiigg

> I would especially like to thank Chris Cunnington for doing an
> excellent job of communicating about the board's meetings and
> activities and I hope someone else will take over this very important
> duty.

     Yes indeed: thanks, Chris!

     For the record, I'll gladly take notes and publish them if:

-    The board meetings are moved to first and third Wednesdays at 7pm
     Amsterdam time, one hour duration.

-    The board spends the last five minutes of each meeting checking
     the notes together. I'd like to publish them as soon as the
     meeting is done.

     I'm sure we'll talk about this at the next regularly-scheduled
meeting (Monday, 18 February).  :)

     thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

re: board meeting notes (was "Squeak Oversight Board for 2013")

Chris Cunnington
On 2013-02-14 9:28 AM, Craig Latta wrote:
>> >I would especially like to thank Chris Cunnington for doing an
>> >excellent job of communicating about the board's meetings and
>> >activities and I hope someone else will take over this very important
>> >duty.
>       Yes indeed: thanks, Chris!
My pleasure. As a civilian, I also would like to know what the Board is
up to, as I can now exercise my option to complain about it vociferously.

I would have liked to have had an opportunity to carry on in my
megalomania and turned into a Jack D. Ripper character [1], but it's
hard to complain about such a staggeringly talented collection of people
comprising the new Board.

Chris

{1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY

(I know it's standard to have a double cohort meeting just after the
election, but I have a lunch appointment on Monday.)

re: board meeting notes (was "Squeak Oversight Board for 2013")

Bert Freudenberg

On 2013-02-14, at 15:50, Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>      Yes indeed: thanks, Chris!
> My pleasure. As a civilian, I also would like to know what the Board is up to, as I can now exercise my option to complain about it vociferously.
>
> I would have liked to have had an opportunity to carry on in my megalomania and turned into a Jack D. Ripper character [1], but it's hard to complain about such a staggeringly talented collection of people comprising the new Board.

Please continue your mania - apart from not having to sit in the board meetings there is nothing you can't still do.