Squeak/Seaside und LaTeX?

FDominicus
Dear Squeak lovers,
I wonder if anyone has experiences with using LaTex based documents as
"print backend" of some Squeak and/or Seaside application.

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: Squeak/Seaside und LaTeX?

vaidasd
Hi,
I do generate tex files in Squeak and then call pdflatex (from
TeXLive) using OSProcess. Generating pdf works on Windows and Ubuntu.
To print I use CUPS on Ubuntu, though I not figured out yet how to get
notification about job actually gets printed successfully.
Vaidas

Re: Squeak/Seaside und LaTeX?

Yanni Chiu
Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
> Dear Squeak lovers,
> I wonder if anyone has experiences with using LaTex based documents as
> "print backend" of some Squeak and/or Seaside application.

Is your question about how to generate the content for a tex file, or
how to turn tex into a PDF in a Squeak environment?

You may want to check out the Pier-Book package in:

     http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pieraddons.html

--
Yanni Chiu

Re: Re: Squeak/Seaside und LaTeX?

FDominicus
Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]> writes:

> Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
>> Dear Squeak lovers, I wonder if anyone has experiences with using
>> LaTex based documents as
>> "print backend" of some Squeak and/or Seaside application.
>
> Is your question about how to generate the content for a tex file

This was the intention.

>, or
> how to turn tex into a PDF in a Squeak environment?
This would be another step, or not?

Regards
Friedrich

Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
>> , or
>> how to turn tex into a PDF in a Squeak environment?
> This would be another step, or not?

It's a different step. If you search around, you'll find "free" code and
commercial code available for Smalltalk. I doubt there's any commercial
offering for Squeak. There is SPL PDF Library at:
     http://map.squeak.org/package/d8fd5e1a-2bb7-4c99-a77e-f945dfce01eb

This code would load into your Smalltalk image, and generate the PDF
file directly - you would have to make the appropriate API calls. You
would not need to generate tex/latex format at all, in this case.

You'd want to generate tex/latex formatted output so you can make use of
existing (non-Smalltalk) processors that would transform your tex/latex
into a PDF.

Hope that helps.

--
Yanni Chiu