Squeak/Software Freedom Conservancy needs donations

Squeak/Software Freedom Conservancy needs donations

timrowledge
As everyone may already know, we (as in Squeak) are members of the Software Freedom Conservancy (sfconservancy.org) as a way to have a legal existence and so on.

Every now and then they try to raise some money to keep operating, and right now they have a big donation matching effort in progress. Please consider tossing a few dollars, euros, yen or what have you their way.

tim
We can rescue a hostage or bankrupt a system. Now, what would you like us to do?

Re: Squeak/Software Freedom Conservancy needs donations

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Tim,

Do we need to use that link to get matching or should we use the donate button on squeak.org?

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 1:21 PM tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
As everyone may already know, we (as in Squeak) are members of the Software Freedom Conservancy (sfconservancy.org) as a way to have a legal existence and so on.

Every now and then they try to raise some money to keep operating, and right now they have a big donation matching effort in progress. Please consider tossing a few dollars, euros, yen or what have you their way.

tim
We can rescue a hostage or bankrupt a system. Now, what would you like us to do?

Re: Squeak/Software Freedom Conservancy needs donations

timrowledge

> On 2018-12-05, at 10:35 AM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Do we need to use that link to get matching or should we use the donate button on squeak.org?

Excellent question. It says, near the bottom of the page
"Finally, Conservancy also maintains directed donation programs for its member projects. Donation links for these directed donation programs are typically found on the individual websites of our members."
That sounds like all donations get passed through the match-o-matic to me.

tim
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.