Squeak Source problems

Michael Rueger-4
Hi all,

not sure where else to ask this so...

I installed a new version of squeaksource
http://source.sophieproject.org/ a few days ago with all the recent
fixed and patches applied. So far it didn't have any down time (wiggle
the mouse incidents) so the patches seem to work.

BUT, now suddenly none of the links work, instead you get endless
redirections (firefox complains and you can see the list scroll through
the transcript on the server).
I restarted the Kom server to no avail. Didn't restart the image yet
though...

Any ideas?

Michael

Re: Squeak Source problems

Michael Rueger-4

...they're coming to take me away, haha, hihi...

now it works and the CSS's also there. Didn't do anything in the meantime...

wtbeep...

Michael

Re: Squeak Source problems

Brad Fuller-2
On Mon August 6 2007 8:56 am, Michael Rueger wrote:
> ...they're coming to take me away, haha, hihi...
>
> now it works and the CSS's also there. Didn't do anything in the
> meantime...
>
> wtbeep...
>
> Michael

" ...they're coming to take me away, haha, hihi..." := > 50

Re: Squeak Source problems

Michael Rueger-4
Brad Fuller wrote:
> " ...they're coming to take me away, haha, hihi..." := > 50

'they''re coming to take me away, haha, hihi' size = 42

;-)

Michael

Re: Squeak Source problems

Ken Causey-3
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~norm/TakeMeAway.html

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 09:05 -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:

> On Mon August 6 2007 8:56 am, Michael Rueger wrote:
> > ...they're coming to take me away, haha, hihi...
> >
> > now it works and the CSS's also there. Didn't do anything in the
> > meantime...
> >
> > wtbeep...
> >
> > Michael
>
> " ...they're coming to take me away, haha, hihi..." := > 50

Re: Squeak Source problems

Michael Rueger-4
Hi all,

ok, after a hint from Adrian (thanks!) I reset the statistics and
started the statistics thread (shouldn't that happen automagically?).

I also restarted Apache as there seem to be some weird problems with the
proxy forward.

So far it seems to work now...

Michael

Re: Squeak Source problems

Frank Shearar
And here I thought all these years it was another manic piece of Jello
Biafra's! (Lard covered the song on their album titled "The Last Temptation
of Reid".)

frank

"Ken Causey" <[hidden email]> enlightened me with

> http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~norm/TakeMeAway.html

> On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 09:05 -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:
> > On Mon August 6 2007 8:56 am, Michael Rueger wrote:
> > > ...they're coming to take me away, haha, hihi...
> > >
> > > now it works and the CSS's also there. Didn't do anything in the
> > > meantime...
> > >
> > > wtbeep...
> > >
> > > Michael
> >
> > " ...they're coming to take me away, haha, hihi..." := > 50

Re: Squeak Source problems

Ken Causey-3
That's better than me.  I wouldn't even be aware of it if it weren't for
the even more recent cover from Neuroticfish which happens to be on the
regular rotation list on the local student radio station currently.

Ken (who has probably pushed the OT boundaries at this point)

Michael Rueger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> ok, after a hint from Adrian (thanks!) I reset the statistics and
> started the statistics thread (shouldn't that happen automagically?).
>
> I also restarted Apache as there seem to be some weird problems with the
> proxy forward.
>
> So far it seems to work now...

a follow-up:
it is consistent behavior now that when things go wrong (missing css,
endless redirects) restarting apache fixes the problems.
Before restarting apache I see a growing number of requests being
blocked on socket reads in the image.

The image has all fixes and patches (delay, semaphore) applied and is
rock solid otherwise.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas?

Michael