Squeak VM documentation

Chris Petsos

Is there anywhere source code documantation for the Squeak VM?
Cause i am lost in the code right now...

Thanx

Re: Squeak VM documentation

Bert Freudenberg

On May 17, 2007, at 11:41 , Chris Petsos wrote:

> Is there anywhere source code documantation for the Squeak VM?
> Cause i am lost in the code right now...

There are at least two books about it - the original Blue Book and
the "New Blue Book":

"Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation" by Adele Goldberg
and David Robson

The VM chapters from this book are online at
http://users.ipa.net/~dwighth/smalltalk/bluebook/bluebook_imp_toc.html

"Squeak: Open Personal Computing for Multimedia" by Mark Guzdial and
Kimberly Rose (eds.)

draft chapters of this book are at
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/

In particular Tim's and Ian's chapters:
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/
Rowledge-Final.pdf
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/
porting-subfinal%202.pdf

- Bert -

Re: Squeak VM documentation

Chris Petsos

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 13:29 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On May 17, 2007, at 11:41 , Chris Petsos wrote:
>
> > Is there anywhere source code documantation for the Squeak VM?
> > Cause i am lost in the code right now...
>
> There are at least two books about it - the original Blue Book and
> the "New Blue Book":
>
> "Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation" by Adele Goldberg
> and David Robson
>
> The VM chapters from this book are online at
> http://users.ipa.net/~dwighth/smalltalk/bluebook/bluebook_imp_toc.html
>
> "Squeak: Open Personal Computing for Multimedia" by Mark Guzdial and
> Kimberly Rose (eds.)
>
> draft chapters of this book are at
> http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/
>
> In particular Tim's and Ian's chapters:
> http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/
> Rowledge-Final.pdf
> http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/
> porting-subfinal%202.pdf
>
> - Bert -

My...REALLY helpful!
Thanks a lot Bert, you saved me a lot of time and energy...
Think i'll manage to do it.
Thanks again!

Christos