classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Squeak-VM to PowerPC/Linux

pascal.vollmer

Hi,

I prepare a port of the Squeak-VM to a PowerPC/Linux-embedded system. I investigate ../platforms/unix/config/configure.ac in Squeak-3.10-4.src.tar.gz as given on http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/ .

Is there anyone around who already did the same job? And if so, did you ./configure or was there a need to change configure.ac and to run autoconf?

Can anyone tell me which version of autoconf is usually used with the above configure.ac?

At the moment running ./configure did not work for me (see Note 1) and changing configure.ac with a new run of autoconf goes more like a guess than like a logical process (see Note 2).

Kind regards
Pascal

Note 1.

cd buildPPCLx

../platforms/unix/config/configure --prefix=/home/pascalv/smalltalk/squeak/Squeak-VM/Squeak-3.10-4/PPCLx --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=powerpc-603e-linux-gnu

yields:

using built-in src directory /home/pascalv/smalltalk/squeak/Squeak-VM/Squeak-3.10-4/platforms/unix/src checking sanity of generated src directory... okay

checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu

checking host system type... powerpc-603e-linux-gnu

(..)

checking "size of int"... configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling

See `config.log' for more details.

Note 2.

pascalv@linux:~/smalltalk/squeak/Squeak-VM/Squeak-3.10-4/platforms/unix/config> autoconf -V

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59 Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

autoconf --warnings=cross --output=configure configure-PPCLx.ac

followed by config like above

yields:

the generation of all makefiles but
a config.log with several errors in conftest.c and conftest.cc.

Pascal Vollmer
Email: [hidden email]

Erwischt! Bei Arcor sehen Sie die besten Promi-Bilder riesengroß und in Top-Qualität. Hier finden Sie die schönsten Schnappschüsse auf dem roten Teppich, lernen die Frauen des Womanizers Boris Becker kennen und schauen den Royals ins Wohnzimmer. Viel Spaß auf Ihrer virtuellen Reise durch die Welt der Stars und Sternchen: http://vip.arcor.de.