Squeak Video players/formats available

Brad Fuller
Martin has been updating the AVLib for 3.9 compatibility. Thanks Martin!
I've been checking out his library and there are a lot of neat features:
delve into AVIs and obtain stats,  extract streams,  creating new
videos, split AVIs. Looks great. Could be very handy!

I have a general question: Is anyone working on, or is there an existing
library/player that plays MPEG2 video?
Of for that matter, any other player than the current MPEG1 player
(Category Movies-Kernel, Movies-Player. MPEGMoviePlayerMorph)?

thanks,
brad

Martin Kuball wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> I'v just uploaded AVLib version 0.3.0 to SqueakMap. It contains some small
> fixes and is now officially 3.9 compatible.
>
> Martin

Re: Squeak Video players/formats available

Brad Fuller
Brad Fuller wrote:

> I have a general question: Is anyone working on, or is there an existing
> library/player that plays MPEG2 video?
> Of for that matter, any other player than the current MPEG1 player
> (Category Movies-Kernel, Movies-Player. MPEGMoviePlayerMorph)?

Wow, nada?
Ok, the Sophie project is working on the playback of QT movies, right?
(of which, I'd like to know more about what type of QT format is
planned/in_use in Sophie.)

At the bottom of this page:
http://www.squeak.org/Features/MultiMedia/
is this statement:
Video Squeaking
"Squeak also supports mpeg2 and an internal jpg compressed video format."

Is this incorrect?

brad

Re: Squeak Video players/formats available

karl-8
Brad Fuller skrev:

> Brad Fuller wrote:

>> I have a general question: Is anyone working on, or is there an existing
>> library/player that plays MPEG2 video?
>> Of for that matter, any other player than the current MPEG1 player
>> (Category Movies-Kernel, Movies-Player. MPEGMoviePlayerMorph)?
>>

> Wow, nada?
> Ok, the Sophie project is working on the playback of QT movies, right?
> (of which, I'd like to know more about what type of QT format is
> planned/in_use in Sophie.)
>
> At the bottom of this page:
> http://www.squeak.org/Features/MultiMedia/
> is this statement:
> Video Squeaking
> "Squeak also supports mpeg2 and an internal jpg compressed video format."
>
> Is this incorrect?
>
> brad

Squeak mpeg plugin is based on libmpeg3
(http://heroinewarrior.com/libmpeg3.php3)
You can read more about it capabilities there, I'm not sure what's
exactly in the Squeak plugin, tho... It also have a home brew jpeg based
format. I think it was made because editing and encoding mpeg is
problematic both legally and technically.
Karl