Squeak at the NASA :)

stéphane ducasse-2
Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Ted Shab <[hidden email]>
> Date: 23 janvier 2006 18:30:44 HNEC
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [ecoop-info] MCT Architect at NASA/Ames in Mountain View, CA
>
> A team at NASA Ames Research Center is looking for a system
> architect to help us design, develop, and deploy a component-based
> framework for building NASA mission control systems. This project
> is at a point where they need someone with serious chops to help
> translate the preliminary design and prototypes into a state-of-the-
> art yet practical and deployable system. The architect would be
> joining an up-and-running, 10+person team of engineers and
> designers. The design includes elements of user-level composition,
> model-driven user interfaces, dynamic assembly of components
> according to ontology-specified roles, distributed components, etc.
> etc. We are currently building a pilot in Java / Eclipse RCP, and a
> parallel testbed for user-experience exploration in Squeak
> (Smalltalk) (really). The resulting framework will be used by the
> various NASA centers (e.g. Ames, JPL, Johnson Space Center, Kennedy
> Space Center, etc) to build distributed, multi-mission systems for
> planning and executing a variety of NASA missions, including
> robotic (e.g. Mars rovers & deep-space probes) and manned (e.g. the
> new Moon/Mars exploration effort, including the Crew Exploration
> Vehicle currently being designed).
>
> Position is located in Mountain View, California, at NASA/Ames, a
> NASA research center.  We can work with individuals on residency
> issues.
>
> Interested parties should send a resume to [hidden email]
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Ted

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Andreas.Raab
FWIW, this project uses Croquet and Tweak. If you ever wanted to work
with a bunch of really sharp guys this is definitely a place to consider.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Ted Shab <[hidden email]>
>> Date: 23 janvier 2006 18:30:44 HNEC
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: [ecoop-info] MCT Architect at NASA/Ames in Mountain View, CA
>>
>> A team at NASA Ames Research Center is looking for a system  architect
>> to help us design, develop, and deploy a component-based  framework
>> for building NASA mission control systems. This project  is at a point
>> where they need someone with serious chops to help  translate the
>> preliminary design and prototypes into a state-of-the- art yet
>> practical and deployable system. The architect would be  joining an
>> up-and-running, 10+person team of engineers and  designers. The design
>> includes elements of user-level composition,  model-driven user
>> interfaces, dynamic assembly of components  according to
>> ontology-specified roles, distributed components, etc.  etc. We are
>> currently building a pilot in Java / Eclipse RCP, and a  parallel
>> testbed for user-experience exploration in Squeak  (Smalltalk)
>> (really). The resulting framework will be used by the  various NASA
>> centers (e.g. Ames, JPL, Johnson Space Center, Kennedy  Space Center,
>> etc) to build distributed, multi-mission systems for  planning and
>> executing a variety of NASA missions, including  robotic (e.g. Mars
>> rovers & deep-space probes) and manned (e.g. the  new Moon/Mars
>> exploration effort, including the Crew Exploration  Vehicle currently
>> being designed).
>>
>> Position is located in Mountain View, California, at NASA/Ames, a
>> NASA research center.  We can work with individuals on residency  issues.
>>
>> Interested parties should send a resume to [hidden email]
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --Ted

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Cees De Groot
Has anyone seen a publicly available version of this job ad? I'd like
to refer to it in my blog...

On 1/25/06, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FWIW, this project uses Croquet and Tweak. If you ever wanted to work
> with a bunch of really sharp guys this is definitely a place to consider.
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas
>
> stéphane ducasse wrote:
> > Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....
> >
> > Begin forwarded message:
> >
> >> From: Ted Shab <[hidden email]>
> >> Date: 23 janvier 2006 18:30:44 HNEC
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >> Subject: [ecoop-info] MCT Architect at NASA/Ames in Mountain View, CA
> >>
> >> A team at NASA Ames Research Center is looking for a system  architect
> >> to help us design, develop, and deploy a component-based  framework
> >> for building NASA mission control systems. This project  is at a point
> >> where they need someone with serious chops to help  translate the
> >> preliminary design and prototypes into a state-of-the- art yet
> >> practical and deployable system. The architect would be  joining an
> >> up-and-running, 10+person team of engineers and  designers. The design
> >> includes elements of user-level composition,  model-driven user
> >> interfaces, dynamic assembly of components  according to
> >> ontology-specified roles, distributed components, etc.  etc. We are
> >> currently building a pilot in Java / Eclipse RCP, and a  parallel
> >> testbed for user-experience exploration in Squeak  (Smalltalk)
> >> (really). The resulting framework will be used by the  various NASA
> >> centers (e.g. Ames, JPL, Johnson Space Center, Kennedy  Space Center,
> >> etc) to build distributed, multi-mission systems for  planning and
> >> executing a variety of NASA missions, including  robotic (e.g. Mars
> >> rovers & deep-space probes) and manned (e.g. the  new Moon/Mars
> >> exploration effort, including the Crew Exploration  Vehicle currently
> >> being designed).
> >>
> >> Position is located in Mountain View, California, at NASA/Ames, a
> >> NASA research center.  We can work with individuals on residency  issues.
> >>
> >> Interested parties should send a resume to [hidden email]
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> --Ted

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Mark Polishook-2
not a vote for croquet - just of interest ....

On Jan 25, 2006, at 12:59 AM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> FWIW, this project uses Croquet and Tweak. If you ever wanted to
> work with a bunch of really sharp guys this is definitely a place
> to consider.
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas
>
> stéphane ducasse wrote:
>> Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>> From: Ted Shab <[hidden email]>
>>> Date: 23 janvier 2006 18:30:44 HNEC
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: [ecoop-info] MCT Architect at NASA/Ames in Mountain
>>> View, CA
>>>
>>> A team at NASA Ames Research Center is looking for a system
>>> architect to help us design, develop, and deploy a component-
>>> based  framework for building NASA mission control systems. This
>>> project  is at a point where they need someone with serious chops
>>> to help  translate the preliminary design and prototypes into a
>>> state-of-the- art yet practical and deployable system. The
>>> architect would be  joining an up-and-running, 10+person team of
>>> engineers and  designers. The design includes elements of user-
>>> level composition,  model-driven user interfaces, dynamic
>>> assembly of components  according to ontology-specified roles,
>>> distributed components, etc.  etc. We are currently building a
>>> pilot in Java / Eclipse RCP, and a  parallel testbed for user-
>>> experience exploration in Squeak  (Smalltalk) (really). The
>>> resulting framework will be used by the  various NASA centers
>>> (e.g. Ames, JPL, Johnson Space Center, Kennedy  Space Center,
>>> etc) to build distributed, multi-mission systems for  planning
>>> and executing a variety of NASA missions, including  robotic
>>> (e.g. Mars rovers & deep-space probes) and manned (e.g. the  new
>>> Moon/Mars exploration effort, including the Crew Exploration
>>> Vehicle currently being designed).
>>>
>>> Position is located in Mountain View, California, at NASA/Ames,
>>> a  NASA research center.  We can work with individuals on
>>> residency  issues.
>>>
>>> Interested parties should send a resume to [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --Ted

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

tblanchard
Yeah - NASA knows software.  I have a package for using their CLIPS system on the Mac.  It works great.

http://homepage.mac.com/tblanchard/ObjectiveCLIPS

On Tuesday, January 24, 2006, at 11:00PM, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:

>FWIW, this project uses Croquet and Tweak. If you ever wanted to work
>with a bunch of really sharp guys this is definitely a place to consider.
>
>Cheers,
>   - Andreas
>
>stéphane ducasse wrote:
>> Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Ted Shab <[hidden email]>
>>> Date: 23 janvier 2006 18:30:44 HNEC
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: [ecoop-info] MCT Architect at NASA/Ames in Mountain View, CA
>>>
>>> A team at NASA Ames Research Center is looking for a system  architect
>>> to help us design, develop, and deploy a component-based  framework
>>> for building NASA mission control systems. This project  is at a point
>>> where they need someone with serious chops to help  translate the
>>> preliminary design and prototypes into a state-of-the- art yet
>>> practical and deployable system. The architect would be  joining an
>>> up-and-running, 10+person team of engineers and  designers. The design
>>> includes elements of user-level composition,  model-driven user
>>> interfaces, dynamic assembly of components  according to
>>> ontology-specified roles, distributed components, etc.  etc. We are
>>> currently building a pilot in Java / Eclipse RCP, and a  parallel
>>> testbed for user-experience exploration in Squeak  (Smalltalk)
>>> (really). The resulting framework will be used by the  various NASA
>>> centers (e.g. Ames, JPL, Johnson Space Center, Kennedy  Space Center,
>>> etc) to build distributed, multi-mission systems for  planning and
>>> executing a variety of NASA missions, including  robotic (e.g. Mars
>>> rovers & deep-space probes) and manned (e.g. the  new Moon/Mars
>>> exploration effort, including the Crew Exploration  Vehicle currently
>>> being designed).
>>>
>>> Position is located in Mountain View, California, at NASA/Ames, a
>>> NASA research center.  We can work with individuals on residency  issues.
>>>
>>> Interested parties should send a resume to [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --Ted

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Yar Hwee Boon-3

http://www.aito.org/pipermail/ecoop-info/2006-January/000208.html

--
Hwee Boon
http://motionobj.com/

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Cees De Groot
On 1/25/06, Yar Hwee Boon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://www.aito.org/pipermail/ecoop-info/2006-January/000208.html

Thanks. I've also contacted Ted Shab to see what they're doing *exactly*.

(Research for a blog posting... wow... ;-))

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Gary Fisher-3
Yes, as a matter of fact it *is* rocket science.  (-:

Gary

Yeah - NASA knows software.  I have a package for using their CLIPS system
on the Mac.  It works great.

http://homepage.mac.com/tblanchard/ObjectiveCLIPS

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0604-2, 01/25/2006
Tested on: 1/25/06 6:01:35 PM

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Brian Rice
I came across this link on del.icio.us and didn't see it in my
archives; it seems NASA's LARC is also using Squeak for educational
software (via the SqueakLand plugin):

http://connect.larc.nasa.gov/squeak.html

On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:30 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Ted Shab <[hidden email]>
>> Date: 23 janvier 2006 18:30:44 HNEC
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: [ecoop-info] MCT Architect at NASA/Ames in Mountain View, CA
>>
>> A team at NASA Ames Research Center is looking for a system
>> architect to help us design, develop, and deploy a component-based
>> framework for building NASA mission control systems. This project
>> is at a point where they need someone with serious chops to help
>> translate the preliminary design and prototypes into a state-of-
>> the-art yet practical and deployable system. The architect would
>> be joining an up-and-running, 10+person team of engineers and
>> designers. The design includes elements of user-level composition,
>> model-driven user interfaces, dynamic assembly of components
>> according to ontology-specified roles, distributed components,
>> etc. etc. We are currently building a pilot in Java / Eclipse RCP,
>> and a parallel testbed for user-experience exploration in Squeak
>> (Smalltalk) (really). The resulting framework will be used by the
>> various NASA centers (e.g. Ames, JPL, Johnson Space Center,
>> Kennedy Space Center, etc) to build distributed, multi-mission
>> systems for planning and executing a variety of NASA missions,
>> including robotic (e.g. Mars rovers & deep-space probes) and
>> manned (e.g. the new Moon/Mars exploration effort, including the
>> Crew Exploration Vehicle currently being designed).
>>
>> Position is located in Mountain View, California, at NASA/Ames, a
>> NASA research center.  We can work with individuals on residency
>> issues.
>>
>> Interested parties should send a resume to [hidden email]
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --Ted

-Brian
http://tunes.org/~water/brice.vcf

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Andreas.Raab
Yes, Randy Caton presented his work at last year's Squeakfest and has
been an active participant on the Squeakland mailing list for years.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Brian Rice wrote:

> I came across this link on del.icio.us and didn't see it in my archives;
> it seems NASA's LARC is also using Squeak for educational software (via
> the SqueakLand plugin):
>
> http://connect.larc.nasa.gov/squeak.html
>
> On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:30 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:
>
>> Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Ted Shab <[hidden email]>
>>> Date: 23 janvier 2006 18:30:44 HNEC
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: [ecoop-info] MCT Architect at NASA/Ames in Mountain View, CA
>>>
>>> A team at NASA Ames Research Center is looking for a system architect
>>> to help us design, develop, and deploy a component-based framework
>>> for building NASA mission control systems. This project is at a point
>>> where they need someone with serious chops to help translate the
>>> preliminary design and prototypes into a state-of-the-art yet
>>> practical and deployable system. The architect would be joining an
>>> up-and-running, 10+person team of engineers and designers. The design
>>> includes elements of user-level composition, model-driven user
>>> interfaces, dynamic assembly of components according to
>>> ontology-specified roles, distributed components, etc. etc. We are
>>> currently building a pilot in Java / Eclipse RCP, and a parallel
>>> testbed for user-experience exploration in Squeak (Smalltalk)
>>> (really). The resulting framework will be used by the various NASA
>>> centers (e.g. Ames, JPL, Johnson Space Center, Kennedy Space Center,
>>> etc) to build distributed, multi-mission systems for planning and
>>> executing a variety of NASA missions, including robotic (e.g. Mars
>>> rovers & deep-space probes) and manned (e.g. the new Moon/Mars
>>> exploration effort, including the Crew Exploration Vehicle currently
>>> being designed).
>>>
>>> Position is located in Mountain View, California, at NASA/Ames, a
>>> NASA research center.  We can work with individuals on residency issues.
>>>
>>> Interested parties should send a resume to [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --Ted

> -Brian
> http://tunes.org/~water/brice.vcf

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

news.gmane.org-2
I tried running it, and got a walk back window :-( Not good!

Dan

Brian Rice wrote:

> I came across this link on del.icio.us and didn't see it in my archives;
> it seems NASA's LARC is also using Squeak for educational software (via
> the SqueakLand plugin):
>
> http://connect.larc.nasa.gov/squeak.html
>
> On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:30 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:
>
>> Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Ted Shab <[hidden email]>
>>> Date: 23 janvier 2006 18:30:44 HNEC
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: [ecoop-info] MCT Architect at NASA/Ames in Mountain View, CA
>>>
>>> A team at NASA Ames Research Center is looking for a system architect
>>> to help us design, develop, and deploy a component-based framework
>>> for building NASA mission control systems. This project is at a point
>>> where they need someone with serious chops to help translate the
>>> preliminary design and prototypes into a state-of-the-art yet
>>> practical and deployable system. The architect would be joining an
>>> up-and-running, 10+person team of engineers and designers. The design
>>> includes elements of user-level composition, model-driven user
>>> interfaces, dynamic assembly of components according to
>>> ontology-specified roles, distributed components, etc. etc. We are
>>> currently building a pilot in Java / Eclipse RCP, and a parallel
>>> testbed for user-experience exploration in Squeak (Smalltalk)
>>> (really). The resulting framework will be used by the various NASA
>>> centers (e.g. Ames, JPL, Johnson Space Center, Kennedy Space Center,
>>> etc) to build distributed, multi-mission systems for planning and
>>> executing a variety of NASA missions, including robotic (e.g. Mars
>>> rovers & deep-space probes) and manned (e.g. the new Moon/Mars
>>> exploration effort, including the Crew Exploration Vehicle currently
>>> being designed).
>>>
>>> Position is located in Mountain View, California, at NASA/Ames, a
>>> NASA research center.  We can work with individuals on residency issues.
>>>
>>> Interested parties should send a resume to [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --Ted

> -Brian
> http://tunes.org/~water/brice.vcf

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Bert Freudenberg-3
Which project? What version of Squeak Browser Plugin?

- Bert -

Am 04.03.2006 um 23:38 schrieb news.gmane.org:

> I tried running it, and got a walk back window :-( Not good!
>
> Dan
>
> Brian Rice wrote:
>> I came across this link on del.icio.us and didn't see it in my
>> archives; it seems NASA's LARC is also using Squeak for
>> educational software (via the SqueakLand plugin):
>> http://connect.larc.nasa.gov/squeak.html
>> On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:30 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:
>>> Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:

>> --
>> -Brian
>> http://tunes.org/~water/brice.vcf
>> ---

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

news.gmane.org-2
Sorry, should have investigated it a bit before throwing my arms up in
the air :-).

The plug image on start up is runs FileDirectory class>>#startUp, and
that tries to create a directory SecurityManager default
untrustedUserDirectory, which is 'C:\My Squeak\Administrator'.
Unfortunately my C: drive is not my hard drive, hence the create
directory blows up.

I can figure out how to get round it, but I doubt an average squeak plug
in user could

Cheers

Dan

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Which project? What version of Squeak Browser Plugin?
>
> - Bert -
>
> Am 04.03.2006 um 23:38 schrieb news.gmane.org:
>
>> I tried running it, and got a walk back window :-( Not good!
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> Brian Rice wrote:
>>> I came across this link on del.icio.us and didn't see it in my
>>> archives; it seems NASA's LARC is also using Squeak for educational
>>> software (via the SqueakLand plugin):
>>> http://connect.larc.nasa.gov/squeak.html

>>> ---Brian
>>> http://tunes.org/~water/brice.vcf

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Bert Freudenberg-3
Indeed, we have been bitten by this in schools with locked-down
computers, too. I just submitted this on the squeakland bug tracker:
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3247

- Bert -

Am 05.03.2006 um 00:14 schrieb news.gmane.org:

> Sorry, should have investigated it a bit before throwing my arms up
> in the air :-).
>
> The plug image on start up is runs FileDirectory class>>#startUp,
> and that tries to create a directory SecurityManager default
> untrustedUserDirectory, which is 'C:\My Squeak\Administrator'.
> Unfortunately my C: drive is not my hard drive, hence the create
> directory blows up.
>
> I can figure out how to get round it, but I doubt an average squeak
> plug in user could
>
> Cheers
>
> Dan
>

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> Which project? What version of Squeak Browser Plugin?
>> - Bert -
>> Am 04.03.2006 um 23:38 schrieb news.gmane.org:
>>> I tried running it, and got a walk back window :-( Not good!
>>>
>>> Dan

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

stéphane ducasse-2
sounds cool. I could not really test but I would like :)

Stef

On 4 mars 06, at 21:14, Brian Rice wrote:

> I came across this link on del.icio.us and didn't see it in my
> archives; it seems NASA's LARC is also using Squeak for educational
> software (via the SqueakLand plugin):
>
> http://connect.larc.nasa.gov/squeak.html
>
> On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:30 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:
>
>> Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Ted Shab <[hidden email]>
>>> Date: 23 janvier 2006 18:30:44 HNEC
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: [ecoop-info] MCT Architect at NASA/Ames in Mountain
>>> View, CA
>>>
>>> A team at NASA Ames Research Center is looking for a system
>>> architect to help us design, develop, and deploy a component-
>>> based framework for building NASA mission control systems. This
>>> project is at a point where they need someone with serious chops
>>> to help translate the preliminary design and prototypes into a
>>> state-of-the-art yet practical and deployable system. The
>>> architect would be joining an up-and-running, 10+person team of
>>> engineers and designers. The design includes elements of user-
>>> level composition, model-driven user interfaces, dynamic assembly
>>> of components according to ontology-specified roles, distributed
>>> components, etc. etc. We are currently building a pilot in Java /
>>> Eclipse RCP, and a parallel testbed for user-experience
>>> exploration in Squeak (Smalltalk) (really). The resulting
>>> framework will be used by the various NASA centers (e.g. Ames,
>>> JPL, Johnson Space Center, Kennedy Space Center, etc) to build
>>> distributed, multi-mission systems for planning and executing a
>>> variety of NASA missions, including robotic (e.g. Mars rovers &
>>> deep-space probes) and manned (e.g. the new Moon/Mars exploration
>>> effort, including the Crew Exploration Vehicle currently being
>>> designed).
>>>
>>> Position is located in Mountain View, California, at NASA/Ames, a
>>> NASA research center.  We can work with individuals on residency
>>> issues.
>>>
>>> Interested parties should send a resume to [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --Ted

> -Brian
> http://tunes.org/~water/brice.vcf

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Stef,

on Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:36:22 +0100, you <[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds cool. I could not really test but I would like :)

Its for the same Squeak browser plugin as the one you posted some time ago,

- http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Teaching/CP/PetriNets/

/Klaus

> Stef
>
> On 4 mars 06, at 21:14, Brian Rice wrote:
>
>> I came across this link on del.icio.us and didn't see it in my
>> archives; it seems NASA's LARC is also using Squeak for educational
>> software (via the SqueakLand plugin):
>>
>> http://connect.larc.nasa.gov/squeak.html
>>
>> On Jan 23, 2006, at 10:30 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Read read the nasa is using Squeak for....
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:

>> --
>> -Brian
>> http://tunes.org/~water/brice.vcf

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

stéphane ducasse-2
I installed the plugin for safari... squeakland updated...

But then after when I do play I do not see anything just the mouse
moving.
Then safari crashed.... :(
Then I tried with opera.... (yet another plugin)
I installed it but nothing worked.

Stef

On 5 mars 06, at 13:18, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> on Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:36:22 +0100, you <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> sounds cool. I could not really test but I would like :)
>
> Its for the same Squeak browser plugin as the one you posted some
> time ago,
>
> - http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Teaching/CP/PetriNets/
>
> /Klaus
>
>> Stef
>>
>> On 4 mars 06, at 21:14, Brian Rice wrote:
>>
>>> I came across this link on del.icio.us and didn't see it in my
>>> archives; it seems NASA's LARC is also using Squeak for
>>> educational software (via the SqueakLand plugin):
>>>
>>> http://connect.larc.nasa.gov/squeak.html

>>> --
>>> -Brian
>>> http://tunes.org/~water/brice.vcf

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Markus Gälli-3
I just tried it with Firefox. After the updates I get an empty squeak
screen, flaps all there but no nasa stuff.
Second time (sundial project) I got a strange pixeled splash window,
firefox hang also.
After restarting firefox, everything was ok.

Markus

On Mar 11, 2006, at 7:56 PM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> I installed the plugin for safari... squeakland updated...
>
> But then after when I do play I do not see anything just the mouse
> moving.
> Then safari crashed.... :(
> Then I tried with opera.... (yet another plugin)
> I installed it but nothing worked.
>
> Stef
>

> On 5 mars 06, at 13:18, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>
>> Hi Stef,
>>
>> on Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:36:22 +0100, you <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> sounds cool. I could not really test but I would like :)
>>
>> Its for the same Squeak browser plugin as the one you posted some
>> time ago,
>>
>> - http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Teaching/CP/PetriNets/
>>
>> /Klaus
>>
>>> Stef

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

stéphane ducasse-2
Ok thanks, I'm preparing a presentation on programmation for all :)
showing etoys and botsinc.

for me on opera did not work (plugin installed failed)
on safari I got the replay and the plotting slideshow but when I
pressed play I only got an arrow moving.

Stef

On 11 mars 06, at 20:40, Markus Gaelli wrote:

> I just tried it with Firefox. After the updates I get an empty
> squeak screen, flaps all there but no nasa stuff.
> Second time (sundial project) I got a strange pixeled splash
> window, firefox hang also.
> After restarting firefox, everything was ok.
>
> Markus
>
> On Mar 11, 2006, at 7:56 PM, stéphane ducasse wrote:
>
>> I installed the plugin for safari... squeakland updated...
>>
>> But then after when I do play I do not see anything just the mouse
>> moving.
>> Then safari crashed.... :(
>> Then I tried with opera.... (yet another plugin)
>> I installed it but nothing worked.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>> On 5 mars 06, at 13:18, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Stef,
>>>
>>> on Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:36:22 +0100, you <[hidden email]>

>>> Its for the same Squeak browser plugin as the one you posted some
>>> time ago,
>>>
>>> - http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Teaching/CP/PetriNets/
>>>
>>> /Klaus

Re: Squeak at the NASA :)

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Stef,

in the Opera/program/plugin subdirectory, just make sure that it shows the
following files (can be copied from elsewhere, for example from a failed
IE installation):

- Squeak.exe (3.7.1 is O.K.)
- NPSqueak.dll (1.0.0.1 is O.K.)
- Squeak3D.dll
- SqueakFFIPrims.dll
- SqueakPlugin.image

It will create Squeak.ini (and/or SqueakDebug.log ;) for you, just drop
the .image onto the .exe in the same directory for a test (and check F2).

Found the .image at
- http://squeakland.org/installers/SqueakPlugin.image.zip

Stop/start Opera after you copied NPSqueak.dll !

Then in Opera (tools > preferences > advanced > downloads) associate file
extension "pr" with mime type "application/x-Squeak-project" and select
the NPSqueak plugin.

If the latter didn't help (mime type made some trouble here) I could post
the mime type entry for hacking Opera's ini file.

/Klaus