Squeak devices and applications

Torsten Bergmann

Just read the post from Hilaire about Pharo on OLPC [1].

This leads to the following interesting question:

 What is the most crazy device Squeak VM is running on?
 What is the most interesting application where nobody
 would have expected Squeak/Pharo/Cuis?

Feel free to answer by posting screenshots/pictures even if
you think the device/app is boring. Would be nice to know
and we can collect these to do a little bit of advertising
on the Squeak/Pharo web pages...

Bye
T.

[1] http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire/index.php?post/2010/07/20/Pharo-Smalltalk-on-XO

Re: [Pharo-project] Squeak devices and applications

Juan Vuletich-4

Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Just read the post from Hilaire about Pharo on OLPC [1].
>
> This leads to the following interesting question:
>
>  What is the most crazy device Squeak VM is running on?
>  What is the most interesting application where nobody
>  would have expected Squeak/Pharo/Cuis?
>
> Feel free to answer by posting screenshots/pictures even if
> you think the device/app is boring. Would be nice to know
> and we can collect these to do a little bit of advertising
> on the Squeak/Pharo web pages...
>
> Bye
> T.
>

> [1] http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire/index.php?post/2010/07/20/Pharo-Smalltalk-on-XO

Hi Torsten,

At http://www.jvuletich.org/STBPics/ you can see a few pics of Cuis
running on a 100MHz Mipsel STB. The application is media distribution
system and smil player done by myself for digital signage.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich