Squeak dies when I click process browser

Squeak dies when I click process browser

farnsworth2008
I am new to small talk and new to squeak.

The first thing I am doing is exploring the user interface by clicking on stuff.

Much of what I have seen is very cool and works well but I have also had problems with the system freezing up and becoming unresponsive.

The image I am trying to use is:
sq3.10.2-7179dev08.11.1.image

I tried a couple of other images:
sq3.10.2-7179web08.11.1.image
SqueakLightII.7212.image

In all cases the image freezes up when I try to open the process browser.  The system also freezes up at other times.

I am using the term "freezes up" to describe the following collection of symptoms:
1) The Mouse pointer moves fine
2) Applications other then the mouse are frozen (i.e. clock stops moving)
3) Dragging stuff around is not working
4) Buttons in all applications are not working

Basically the system seems totally frozen at this point such that the only recovery is to shut down squeak and start again.

Does the community have any thoughts or tips?

-Mark

Re: Squeak dies when I click process browser

Hilaire Fernandes-4
Strange indeed. Could be related to a thread blocking the image when you
invoke the process browser.

What is happening when you press simultaneously the combinaison of keys
[Alt]+[.] ?

Hilaire

farnsworth2008 a écrit :
> I am new to small talk and new to squeak.
>
> The first thing I am doing is exploring the user interface by clicking on
> stuff.
>
> Much of what I have seen is very cool and works well but I have also had
> problems with the system freezing up and becoming unresponsive.

Re: Squeak dies when I click process browser

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 11/9/08 9:06 AM, "farnsworth2008" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> SqueakLightII.7212.image In all cases the image freezes up when I try to open
> the process browser.  The system also freezes up at other times. I am using
> the term "freezes up" to describe the following collection of symptoms: 1) The
> Mouse pointer moves fine 2) Applications other then the mouse are frozen (i.e.
> clock stops moving) 3) Dragging stuff around is not working 4) Buttons in all
> applications are not working Basically the system seems totally frozen at this
> point such that the only recovery is to shut down squeak and start again. Does
> the community have any thoughts or tips? -Mark
> ?

Not in my Mac, as you see.
Any troubles with SqueakLightII , I wish know.

Edgar

Picture 2.jpg (49K) Download Attachment

Re: Squeak dies when I click process browser

farnsworth2008
Alt-. seems to do nothing.

Once it dies it never seems to come back.

I am running it on Windows.

-Mark

Hilaire Fernandes-4 wrote

farnsworth2008 a écrit :
> I am new to small talk and new to squeak.
>
> The first thing I am doing is exploring the user interface by clicking on
> stuff.
>
> Much of what I have seen is very cool and works well but I have also had
> problems with the system freezing up and becoming unresponsive.

Re: Squeak dies when I click process browser

Hilaire Fernandes-4
Can you package the .image and .changes file in an archive, so I will
give it a look?

Hilaire