Squeak dies while debugging

Damian Dobroczyński-2
I've been playing around with Squeak and noticed that if I try to debug
an expression (highlighting it in a workspace and clicking "debug it" in
menu") i'll end up freezing the whole system. This happens when I  keep
clicking on "Into" button in debugger so that the last message sent is:

Process>>terminate:
        "..."
        self primitiveSuspend

Is this normal to Squeak users interrupt debugging before it reaches the
very bottom of the calling stack before the whole system silently dies?
Is it possible for Squeak just to leave the debugger silently when it
should leave?

Damian

Re: Squeak dies while debugging

Tapple Gao
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 02:00:42PM +0200, Damian Dobroczy??ski wrote:

> I've been playing around with Squeak and noticed that if I try to debug
> an expression (highlighting it in a workspace and clicking "debug it" in
> menu") i'll end up freezing the whole system. This happens when I  keep
> clicking on "Into" button in debugger so that the last message sent is:
>
> Process>>terminate:
> "..."
> self primitiveSuspend
>
> Is this normal to Squeak users interrupt debugging before it reaches the
> very bottom of the calling stack before the whole system silently dies?
> Is it possible for Squeak just to leave the debugger silently when it
> should leave?

I never trace it to the bottom of the call stack. I am not
interested in that part of the code. I just debug what I want,
then press the X button or the Proceed button to exit the
debugger. X button aborts the process, and Proceed button
continues the process.