Squeak for kids - eToys, Scratch, Alice ?

Squeak for kids - eToys, Scratch, Alice ?

Sophie424
What are the options to get kids (7-10) using Squeak? I have see eToys,
Scratch, Alice. Are there others?

Any recommendations on which to choose? I want something that they can start
with easily, but that will grow with them at least for a while.

Thanks.

Re: Squeak for kids - eToys, Scratch, Alice ?

stephane ducasse-2
http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/botsinc

but more for 9 or 10

stef

From: "stephane ducasse" <[hidden email]>
> http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/botsinc
>
> but more for 9 or 10

Thanks Stef. We are already using BotsInc and liked it a lot!

I am looking to move towards building things with richer models and hoping
(ideally :-) it can be done with a kid-friendly toolkit with less
syntax-level typing & debugging.

Re: Squeak for kids - eToys, Scratch, Alice ?

Brad Fuller
itsme213 wrote:

> From: "stephane ducasse" <[hidden email]>
>> http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/botsinc
>>
>> but more for 9 or 10
>
> Thanks Stef. We are already using BotsInc and liked it a lot!
>
> I am looking to move towards building things with richer models and
> hoping (ideally :-) it can be done with a kid-friendly toolkit with
> less syntax-level typing & debugging.
I see that you've looked at eToys. Have you seen the book "Powerful
Ideas in the Classroom"? You should definitely take a gander at it. It
has a great base for easy script building, especially for graphical objects.

brad

Re: Squeak for kids - eToys, Scratch, Alice ?

Luis-24
Scratch:

http://weblogs.media.mit.edu/llk/scratch/

Not out yet...