Squeak instructions for Seaside incomplete? need help!

1 message Options

Squeak instructions for Seaside incomplete? need help!

lostgweilo
Hello all,

I need help to get Seaside up and running on Squeak.
I have Squeak running (Squeak5.0, latest update: #15113, Image format 6521 (32 bit))

I went to http://www.seaside.st/ and clicked "Squeak Smalltalk" in the right column.
This sent me me to http://squeak.org/projects/#seaside
I clicked on "Quick Install" which opens a window with the following snippet:
  Installer squeaksource
      project: 'MetacelloRepository';
      install: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3'.
  (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) load.

I evaluated that, and it runs without error. What am I supposed to do after that?
How do I start Seaside? Nothing is getting served on localhost, and I don't know how to specify the adapter and the port or start any server.
I tried to follow instructions from multiple different tutorials and they all want me to bring up a kind of Seaside control panel UI that appears to be Pharo specific and did not get loaded on Squeak (I can't find it in any menu).
Or else, they refer to Kom server and Adapter classes that did not get loaded either, and I don't know where to get them from.

I tried to load a Kom server package separately, and that did not seem to help, I still don't have any subclass of WAServerAdaptor loaded. I have been poking around for a few days now and I am getting nowhere.

I hope someone can help me.
--
Lostgweilo