Squeak map colours See Mantis #3445

Jerome Peace
Hi Michael,

Its not just you. I put a mantis report up a while
back.

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3445

In 7021 SMPackageLoader is initialized with a
transparent gradient. This causes unexpected color
changes.

looked into it some more and added the analysis to the
report. Question now is where is the best place to
attack the problem. Suggestions and/or working code
welcome.

Yours in service, -- Jerome Peace

Michael Roberts mike at mjr104.co.uk
Sun Sep 24 18:00:35 UTC 2006 wrote:

>I was wondering though about the default colours of
the SqueakMap browser.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Squeak map colours See Mantis #3445

Göran Krampe
Hi!

It is late etc, but I just wanted to mention a new SMLoader is on SM. It
avoids the problem by using the instvar model instead of squeakMap.
Yeah, a workaround but hey - I am not a Morphic guy and this workaround
is still "kosher".

Btw, ArchiveViewer also had issues before with colors (it was very white
for example) but it uses the model instvar - so doesn't get transparent
in 3.9 at least. :) But I still think it is whiter than it should be. As
a sidenote - I looked at ArchiveViewer as an example when I build
SMLoader. I still think a subclass of SystemWindow should be able to
hold its own state - *if it wishes to*.

Also, note that I haven't bothered thinking about the actual color
itself - it looks pretty crappy and I wish it to be somewhat yellow like
before.

Also, if you do "Flaps reinstateDefaultFlaps" then you get a package
loader in the Tools flap! :) Yup, been there for a while but the flaps
in the image haven't been initialized in a while I think.

regards, Göran

PS. Will scrabble on Mantis, just not tonight. Feel free to help me.