Squeak networking

Herbert König
Hello,

can anybody give me a pointer on how to start networking in Squeak?

Task is: On localhost a server is sending 1K sized UDP packets on port
0? (is port 0 possible?) and listening on 1979 for packets.

Thanks,

Herbert

Re: Squeak networking

David Mitchell-10
Don't know the answer to the task, but a good intro to Squeak
Networking is the Networking Squeak chapter from the Squeak NuBlue
book.

http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/parsia%202.pdf

Based on Squeak 3.0 (7.5 years ago).

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  can anybody give me a pointer on how to start networking in Squeak?
>
>  Task is: On localhost a server is sending 1K sized UDP packets on port
>  0? (is port 0 possible?) and listening on 1979 for packets.
>

>  Thanks,
>
>  Herbert

Re: Squeak networking

Herbert König
Hello David,

DM> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/parsia%202.pdf

thanks, had read that already. Squeak to Squeak is working already
after some digging in the mail archives.

Herbert