Squeak on Google Native Client

Chris Cunnington
That's pretty cool.

I entered about:flags in the address bar and changed the NativeClient
setting to enable. Then I did it for about:plugins. I came back, hit the
link, and it said the plugin was not allowed. After flopping around lots
of NaCl docs, I managed to make it work by downloading a demo called
Ogre, which deposited 50M of stuff on my computer. It's available here:

http://www.gonacl.com/dev/demos.html

Then I closed and opened Chrome. The flags stayed set and the link ran.

Oh, yea. One more thing: wait. It may take a few seconds to appear.

It's very cool. I like the bridge a lot. If I recall correctly the
Squeak plugin didn't interact with the outside world in any way.

What's the story on the PepperPlugin I see referred to in
NativeClientBrdige>>#handleMessage? How did you make that?

Chris

Re: Squeak on Google Native Client

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
At Fri, 28 Oct 2011 18:48:17 -0400,
Chris Cunnington wrote:

> That's pretty cool.
>
> I entered about:flags in the address bar and changed the NativeClient
> setting to enable. Then I did it for about:plugins. I came back, hit the
> link, and it said the plugin was not allowed. After flopping around lots
> of NaCl docs, I managed to make it work by downloading a demo called
> Ogre, which deposited 50M of stuff on my computer. It's available here:
>
> http://www.gonacl.com/dev/demos.html

  Wow.  In any case...  I remember that there used to be only one
setting to enable NaCl but I don't know why they need two settings now.

> Oh, yea. One more thing: wait. It may take a few seconds to appear.

  Supposedly, the next time and after, it should be fairly quick to launch.

> It's very cool. I like the bridge a lot. If I recall correctly the
> Squeak plugin didn't interact with the outside world in any way.
>
> What's the story on the PepperPlugin I see referred to in
> NativeClientBrdige>>#handleMessage? How did you make that?

  I was about to to Squeaksource but it is taking its usual weekend
off.  The code is in my github:

https://github.com/yoshikiohshima/NaClSqueak/blob/master/squeak-svn/PepperPlugin.cs

(The line ending prevents github to show the content on the web, but
you can download in one way or another.)

-- Yoshiki

Re: Squeak on Google Native Client

Karl Ramberg
I changed the about:flag and then I rebooted Chrome and it worked fine.

Karl

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Chris Cunnington
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's pretty cool.
>
> I entered about:flags in the address bar and changed the NativeClient
> setting to enable. Then I did it for about:plugins. I came back, hit the
> link, and it said the plugin was not allowed. After flopping around lots of
> NaCl docs, I managed to make it work by downloading a demo called Ogre,
> which deposited 50M of stuff on my computer. It's available here:
>
> http://www.gonacl.com/dev/demos.html
>
> Then I closed and opened Chrome. The flags stayed set and the link ran.
>
> Oh, yea. One more thing: wait. It may take a few seconds to appear.
>
> It's very cool. I like the bridge a lot. If I recall correctly the Squeak
> plugin didn't interact with the outside world in any way.
>
> What's the story on the PepperPlugin I see referred to in
> NativeClientBrdige>>#handleMessage? How did you make that?
>
> Chris

G+ page?

Chris Cunnington
I'm reasonably confident that if you made one and said it was the official Squeak G+ then people would use it and the SOB would endorse it. After that we could link it to squeak.org.

Chris

Re: G+ page?

Randal L. Schwartz

Chris> I'm reasonably confident that if you made one and said it was the
Chris> official Squeak G+ then people would use it and the SOB would
Chris> endorse it. After that we could link it to squeak.org.

Unfortunately, the current G+ Pages don't allow for multiple admins. So
it would be permanently attached to whomever created it.  Ugh.

I presume this will be fixed soon.

See http://methodsandmessages.posterous.com/ for Smalltalk discussion

Re: G+ page?

laza