Squeak on OLPC computer

Tom Cranbrook
I don't know if its been mentioned here yet, but I just found out that the
MIT OLPC $1000 computer project will be including Sqeak.  See
 href="http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_components

In conjunction with the meshnetwork built into this machine, it may be a
very interesting test plateform for Croquet.

Re: Squeak on OLPC computer

Bert Freudenberg
Am 03.11.2006 um 21:43 schrieb Tom Cranbrook:

> I don't know if its been mentioned here yet, but I just found out
> that the
> MIT OLPC $1000 computer project will be including Sqeak.  See
>  href="http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_components
>
> In conjunction with the meshnetwork built into this machine, it may
> be a
> very interesting test plateform for Croquet.

Indeed - the distributed computing architecture of Croquet might be
interesting. But we are restricted to 2D graphics, there is no 3D
graphics accelerator chip in the kid's machine. There is a version of
Tweak built on Croquet without 3D, but that would have to be
optimized before running acceptably on the laptop's processor.

- Bert -