Squeak on handhelds

maynard-2

  I notice there's a fairly large number of CPU ports for squeak, and I
think I saw an ARM port out there somewhere. So, questions:

  - Is there support for pen input? Recent versions of X11 support pen
input, if squeak were run on top of X would squeak handle pen events as
mouse events? What about the three button mouse issue with a pen?

  - Are there versions of squeak which will paint directly to a frame
buffer, or does it currently need an underlying OS with graphics like Win,
MacOS X, X11?

  - Is anyone working on a handheld computing project to incorporate
squeak on the Nokia 770, iPaq, etc? If so, is the project just to get the
squeak dev environment running, or are the developers targetting a whole
handheld environment (calandar, note taking, names and addresses, email,
etc)?

Thanks much,
--M

Re: Squeak on handhelds

Brad Fuller
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:19:19 -0700, <[hidden email]> wrote:

>   - Is anyone working on a handheld computing project to incorporate
> squeak on the Nokia 770, iPaq, etc? If so, is the project just to get the
> squeak dev environment running, or are the developers targetting a whole
> handheld environment (calandar, note taking, names and addresses, email,
> etc)?

I doubt anyone is working on this, but the PalmSource ALP would be very
interesting:

http://palmsource.com/events/linuxworld2006/index.html