Squeak.org down?

Ramon Leon-5
Anyone know why Squeak.org is down?

Ramón León
http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: Squeak.org down?

Cees De Groot
Yup. I know. Because I was the culprit :-(

I used to pay for the three boxes I run, including the machine called
'box2' which holds all of the Squeak business, with my credit card.
Then my credit card got stolen, I blocked it, so I had to make manual
transfers each month until I got around a place with a fax where I
could send the hosting company a new authorization fax (the hosting
company being German, they want paperwork for all this stuff).

Then I got sick, and didn't catch up with email more than once a week,
and in the deluge of spam etcetera I missed the notices by the hosting
company until the third notice last week which basically said "and now
we've disconnected your machines until you pay". Which, being German,
they did...

Anyway, I paid and I am going to put transferring the machine to
Squeak e.V. at the top of my priority list so this won't happen again
(they can probably just authorize a German 'bankeinzug' - direct debit
- which is way, way easier).

My apologies for this.

Regards,

Cees

On 9/27/06, Ramon Leon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone know why Squeak.org is down?

Re: Squeak.org down?

Marcus Denker

On 02.10.2006, at 10:35, Cees De Groot wrote:

> Anyway, I paid and I am going to put transferring the machine to
> Squeak e.V. at the top of my priority list so this won't happen again
> (they can probably just authorize a German 'bankeinzug' - direct debit
> - which is way, way easier).

Yes, this should be no problem to set up.

       Marcus

Re: Squeak.org down?

stephane ducasse-2
excellent