Squeak to Go

K. K. Subramaniam

Hi Ian/Bert,

etoys.sh has shaped up well as a smart launcher script that can launch squeak
binary from any location (e.g. $HOME/.squeak, a mounted volume/share or USB
flash memory chip). It can be merged into the unix/src tree.

I propose that we generate the main binary as $bin/squeakvm and install this
script (with some minor modifications) as $bin/squeak. This will help us get
rid of /usr/local/lib prefix hard-wiring.

Subbu

Re: Squeak to Go

Bert Freudenberg

On 11.08.2009, at 08:19, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> Hi Ian/Bert,
>
> etoys.sh has shaped up well as a smart launcher script that can
> launch squeak
> binary from any location (e.g. $HOME/.squeak, a mounted volume/share
> or USB
> flash memory chip). It can be merged into the unix/src tree.
>
> I propose that we generate the main binary as $bin/squeakvm and
> install this
> script (with some minor modifications) as $bin/squeak. This will
> help us get
> rid of /usr/local/lib prefix hard-wiring.
>
> Subbu

This is the script subbu is referring to:

http://svn.squeakland.org/installers/Etoys-To-Go/etoys.sh

But I don't see a compelling reason to include something like this in
the VM package itself.

- Bert -