Squeak to VisualWorks

Frederic Pluquet-3
Hello,

I have some packages (containing a big number of classes) in Squeak 3.9. I need to export them in VisualWorks 7.5. Is there a nice way to do that ?

Fréd

--
Frédéric Pluquet
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)

Re: Squeak to VisualWorks

Philippe Marschall
2008/2/4, Frederic Pluquet <[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
>
> I have some packages (containing a big number of classes) in Squeak 3.9. I
> need to export them in VisualWorks 7.5. Is there a nice way to do that ?

Cincom is supposed to have some tools. The stuff they use to create
the Seaside port.

Cheers
Philippe

> Fréd
>
> --
> Frédéric Pluquet
> Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
> Assistant
> http://www.ulb.ac.be/di/fpluquet

Re: Squeak to VisualWorks

Janko Mivšek
Hi Frederic,

Frederic Pluquet wrote:

> I have some packages (containing a big number of classes) in Squeak 3.9.
> I need to export them in VisualWorks 7.5. Is there a nice way to do that ?

On VisualWorks load Parcel FlieOut30.pcl (in Contributed) and in
Settings>Source select Squeak. Now you can filein/fileout from VW in
Squeak format. This a basic way to move code between those two dialects.
I would also recommend you to use Sport portability library for files,
times and sockets, which can simplify your porting job in the future.

Best regards
Janko

> Fréd
>
> --
> Frédéric Pluquet
> Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
> Assistant
> http://www.ulb.ac.be/di/fpluquet

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Squeak to VisualWorks

Janko Mivšek
Another help are the Squeak "compatibility" classes in VW, look for a
bundle Squeak in public repository. There are for instance extensions of
VW classes with Squeak specific methods.

Janko