Squeak tutorial for creating dialog / window app?

Squeak tutorial for creating dialog / window app?

Richard-107
I'd like to create an application that has as window,
a pushbutton and a text field. Upon pressing the button,
"Hello world!" should be displayed in the text field.

Ya know, for testing projects, windows, widgets and
binding to code.

Is there a tutorial on how to make such a 'dialog' app?
I find Squeak much more confusing than other Smalltalks.

Cheers,
Richard

Re: Squeak tutorial for creating dialog / window app?

Giovanni Giorgi-2
I have learned plenty of things from Celeste.
Celeste is full MVC: look at the class side to see how to build a set
of stuff to set up.
A slight simpler example is my CelesteAddressBook, so you can look at
it and the ask to me some questions ;)

--
Software Architect
http://www.objectsroot.com/
Software is nothing

Re: Squeak tutorial for creating dialog / window app?

Edgar J. De Cleene
Richard puso en su mail :

> I'd like to create an application that has as window,
> a pushbutton and a text field. Upon pressing the button,
> "Hello world!" should be displayed in the text field.
>
> Ya know, for testing projects, windows, widgets and
> binding to code.
>
> Is there a tutorial on how to make such a 'dialog' app?
> I find Squeak much more confusing than other Smalltalks.
>
> Cheers,
> Richard
http://ar.geocities.com/edgardec2001/CalcuMorph.htm

I write in Spanish, but if what you see on page could be useful, I
translate.
Also could assist via IRC Squeak chat if we agree time.
Argentina is -3GMT Time Zone now.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Giovanni Giorgi <daitangio <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have learned plenty of things from Celeste.
> Celeste is full MVC: look at the class side to see how to build a set
> of stuff to set up.
> A slight simpler example is my CelesteAddressBook, so you can look at
> it and the ask to me some questions ;)
>
> On 8/17/06, Richard <VrolijkHondje <at> hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to create an application that has as window,

I found Celeste-with-Address book for Squeak 3.7 (hope it works
on 3.8). Can you give me a hint as how to install it (via my e-mail
address).

Still open for other suggestions, a 300K source example for a
Hello World application is a bit much... escpecially in Smalltalk!