Squeak6.0alpha-2002-64bit linux 64x64 Error installing extra packages

Squeak6.0alpha-2002-64bit linux 64x64 Error installing extra packages

Squeak - Dev mailing list
Hi folks

I was trying to spin up the latest image/vm pair from trunk on linux64x64 for the Roassal install methodology and got a new bug..
I am assuming Linus' law will apply and somebody will find this bug to be shallow....

Error: updateMapName must be specified

Pops up immediately when attempting to install the extra packages at the end of the magnificent preferences wizard.

Bug appears to start in

PreferenceWizardMorph >> installLatestUpdates

MCConfiguration ensureOpenTranscript: false.
[MCMcmUpdater default doUpdate: false]
ensure: [MCConfiguration ensureOpenTranscript: true].
and barfs at

MCMcmUpdater >>register
"Register this instance, keyed by repository and update map name. Each update
maintains its own lastUpdateMap. The registry permits multilple updaters to be
maintained, with each updater keeping track of its own last update map."updateMapName isEmpty ifTrue:  [self error: 'updateMapName must be specified'].

repository ifNil: [self error: 'repository is ', repository asString].
updateMapName ifNil: [self error: 'updateMapName is ', updateMapName asString].
updateMapName isEmpty ifTrue:  [self error: 'updateMapName must be specified'].
((Registry ifNil: [Registry := Dictionary new])
at: repository
ifAbsentPut: [Dictionary new])
at: updateMapName put: self

cheers,

tty

Re: Squeak6.0alpha-2002-64bit linux 64x64 Error installing extra packages

marcel.taeumel
Hi Timothy,

please open your preferences and set "Update map name" to 'update'.

I fixed that in Trunk through MonticelloConfigurations-mt.163.mcz

Best,
Marcel