SqueakMap Error in clean image

Lord ZealoN
Hi.

I have an error when try to load SqueakMap from a clean Basic and Full
3.8 images.

The first error:

http://www.lordzealon.com/squeakerror1.JPG

This second error appear clicking anyone option in squeakerror1.JPG

http://www.lordzealon.com/squeakerror2.JPG

--

::Mi blog::
http://blog.lordzealon.com

Re: SqueakMap Error in clean image

Göran Krampe
Hi!

"Lord ZealoN" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have an error when try to load SqueakMap from a clean Basic and Full
> 3.8 images.
>
> The first error:
>
> http://www.lordzealon.com/squeakerror1.JPG

This happens when you have a map for a newer version of SqueakMap in
your sm dir, but you are running an image (you probably have several
images in the same dir sharing the same sm dir - which is fine) that
hasn't been upgraded.

If you do "SMSqueakMap bootStrap" in that image I think it will be
solved. Another clumsier solution is to remove the "map*" files in the
"sm" dir, which will force the image to try to get a new one from the
net and thus upgrade itself.

regards, Göran

PS. No, I can't fix this, except in future versions of SqueakMap (which
I think I did) - unless we issue updates for 3.8, but we can't really be
sure people load the updates either. :)

Re: SqueakMap Error in clean image

Hiren Thacker
Thanks Goran,
I also had same problem in squeak 3.9.
"SMSqueakMap bootStrap" solves the problem.

Hi!

"Lord ZealoN" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have an error when try to load SqueakMap from a clean Basic and Full
> 3.8 images.
>
> The first error:
>
> http://www.lordzealon.com/squeakerror1.JPG

This happens when you have a map for a newer version of SqueakMap in
your sm dir, but you are running an image (you probably have several
images in the same dir sharing the same sm dir - which is fine) that
hasn't been upgraded.

If you do "SMSqueakMap bootStrap" in that image I think it will be
solved. Another clumsier solution is to remove the "map*" files in the
"sm" dir, which will force the image to try to get a new one from the
net and thus upgrade itself.

regards, Göran

PS. No, I can't fix this, except in future versions of SqueakMap (which
I think I did) - unless we issue updates for 3.8, but we can't really be
sure people load the updates either. :)

--
Hiren J.Thacker
Java Developer
e-Mechsys Ltd.

Re: SqueakMap Error in clean image

stéphane ducasse-2
Yes I did not included the fix of goiran yep so this is normal I guess.

Stef

On 23 mai 06, at 09:20, Hiren Thacker wrote:

> Thanks Goran,
> I also had same problem in squeak 3.9.
> "SMSqueakMap bootStrap" solves the problem.
>
> On 5/22/06, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote: Hi!
>
> "Lord ZealoN" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have an error when try to load SqueakMap from a clean Basic and
> Full
> > 3.8 images.
> >
> > The first error:
> >
> > http://www.lordzealon.com/squeakerror1.JPG
>
> This happens when you have a map for a newer version of SqueakMap in
> your sm dir, but you are running an image (you probably have several
> images in the same dir sharing the same sm dir - which is fine) that
> hasn't been upgraded.
>
> If you do "SMSqueakMap bootStrap" in that image I think it will be
> solved. Another clumsier solution is to remove the "map*" files in the
> "sm" dir, which will force the image to try to get a new one from the
> net and thus upgrade itself.
>
> regards, Göran
>
> PS. No, I can't fix this, except in future versions of SqueakMap
> (which
> I think I did) - unless we issue updates for 3.8, but we can't
> really be
> sure people load the updates either. :)
>

> --
> Hiren J.Thacker
> Java Developer
> e-Mechsys Ltd.

Re: SqueakMap Error in clean image

Lord ZealoN
But i'm having problems with squeakmap (2.2)

Is stable? Is possible work with 2.1 instead?

--

::Mi blog::
http://blog.lordzealon.com

Re: SqueakMap Error in clean image

Göran Krampe
"Lord ZealoN" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> But i'm having problems with squeakmap (2.2)

What kind of problems?

> Is stable? Is possible work with 2.1 instead?

It should be pretty stable yes, and no - you can't today really use 2.1
(except if you don't update the map, but then it will grow old and
outdated).

regards, Göran

Re: SqueakMap Error in clean image

Lord ZealoN
Well, the problems was with published packages (this is the name?) and
with squeakmap 2.1 i did'nt have this problems.

Sorry, i don't have screeshots. I don't remember. (next)

--

::Mi blog::
http://blog.lordzealon.com