SqueakMap, Monticello

Sophie424
I have tried to install some packages from SqueakMap and get errors about
some pre-requisite dependencies. Is there a loader / packager that is aware
of such dependencies and will automatically find and install them?

Thanks.

Re: SqueakMap, Monticello

Damien Cassou-3
itsme213 wrote:
> I have tried to install some packages from SqueakMap and get errors
> about some pre-requisite dependencies. Is there a loader / packager that
> is aware of such dependencies and will automatically find and install them?

No ! Most of the time, read the comment associated to the package, and
you will know the dependencies.

Re: SqueakMap, Monticello

Sophie424
Thanks Damien. Couple of follow-ups below.

From: "Damien Cassou" <[hidden email]>
> itsme213 wrote:
>> I have tried to install some packages from SqueakMap and get errors about
>> some pre-requisite dependencies. Is there a loader / packager that is
>> aware of such dependencies and will automatically find and install them?
>
> No ! Most of the time, read the comment associated to the package, and you
> will know the dependencies.

Do the packages themselves have declared dependencies on other packages(I
mean outside the comments)? I ask because I seem to be getting error dialogs
about missing classes, which does not tell me anything about where (e.g.
which package) to find them. And the comments don't tell me either. e.g.
 >>  This package depends on the following classes:
       CommandHistory

Also, is a loaded package an object in squeak? If so, how can I locate /
browse it?

Thanks.