SqueakMap Package Loader Error

Alan L. Lovejoy
I get an error when I try to open the SqueakMap package loader in Squeak 3.8.

Afer selecting open->SqueakMap Package Loader from the World menu, a progress window appears with the following title:

Almost immediately, a syntax error window opens, which says the following:

    Syntax Error
    UndefinedObject  as yet unclassified   Nothing

    <<<This string contains a character (ascii value 31) that is not normally used in code>>> Nothing more expected ->¬ã

What's the fix?

--Alan

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader Error

Frank Urbach
Hi Alan,

try to delete the file map.2744.sgz from the /sm directory.
Not nice but it works. The reason for this I dont know.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
  Frank

SqueakMap Package Loader Error (12-Mai-2006 4:25)

I get an error when I try to open the SqueakMap package loader in Squeak 3.8.

Afer selecting open->SqueakMap Package Loader from the World menu, a progress window appears with the following title:

Almost immediately, a syntax error window opens, which says the following:

    Syntax Error
    UndefinedObject  as yet unclassified   Nothing

    <<<This string contains a character (ascii value 31) that is not normally used in code>>> Nothing more expected ->¬ã

What's the fix?

--Alan

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader Error

Duncan Mak-2
On 5/12/06, Frank Urbach <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alan,

try to delete the file map.2744.sgz from the /sm directory.
Not nice but it works. The reason for this I dont know.

I think another option is to run:

    SMSqueakMap bootStrap.

Duncan.

RE: SqueakMap Package Loader Error

Alan L. Lovejoy
Frank Urbach: "delete the file map.2744.sgz"

That does the trick. Thanks.

--Alan

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader Error

Göran Krampe
Hi guys!

"Frank Urbach" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> try to delete the file map.2744.sgz from the /sm directory.=20
> Not nice but it works. The reason for this I dont know.

You can always delete that file - that is the map downloaded from the
net, and if it for some reason is bad then deleting it will cause a new
copy to be downloaded (or created as a copy of the map inside the
image).

I am a little bit uncertain if that solves the issue Alan has, but I
just opened up a fresh 3.8 in a fresh dir (no sm dir with a map) and it
works fine (map is downloaded from the net).

If you have a repeatable setup (image+changes+map.xxx.sgz file) then put
it somewhere so that I can pick it up or email me and I can give you an
ftp site to push it to.

regards, Göran