SqueakMap Package Loader

Mark Volkmann
I want to load a package from SqueakMap. When I select
open...SqueakMap Package Loader, I get the following.

In the SMSqueakMap>>categories method, the instance variable "objects"
is nil and it's trying to send select: to that.
Any idea what's going on?

---
Mark Volkmann

pastedGraphic.png (27K) Download Attachment

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
At Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:53:49 -0600,
Mark Volkmann wrote:

> I want to load a package from SqueakMap. When I select
> open...SqueakMap Package Loader, I get the following.
>
> In the SMSqueakMap>>categories method, the instance variable "objects"
> is nil and it's trying to send select: to that.
> Any idea what's going on?

  Looking at the "inst var defs" for the variable, it could be that
the file on disk is corrupted or incompatible?

  BTW, what is the image and look preferences produced this notifier?
I've never been a fan of the recent tools' look where you can resize
a window only at the four corners (not the edges), but the gradation
in buttons in your screenshot looks totally awful.

-- Yoshiki

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader

Rudolf Rednose
Yoshiki Ohshima schrieb:

> At Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:53:49 -0600,
> Mark Volkmann wrote:
>> I want to load a package from SqueakMap. When I select
>> open...SqueakMap Package Loader, I get the following.
>>
>> In the SMSqueakMap>>categories method, the instance variable "objects"
>> is nil and it's trying to send select: to that.
>> Any idea what's going on?
>
>   Looking at the "inst var defs" for the variable, it could be that
> the file on disk is corrupted or incompatible?
>
>   BTW, what is the image and look preferences produced this notifier?
> I've never been a fan of the recent tools' look where you can resize
> a window only at the four corners (not the edges), but the gradation
> in buttons in your screenshot looks totally awful.
looks like the image has Polymorphic loaded. (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6005)
It has themeable look & feel. So you can choose. Two themes have resizeable
windows on all sides and edges.

The picture showing preference dialog and same error dialog in different themes.

-- Rudolf

> -- Yoshiki

polymorphic-themes1.gif (96K) Download Attachment

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader

Göran Krampe
Hi!

Mark Volkmann wrote:
> In the SMSqueakMap>>categories method, the instance variable "objects"
> is nil and it's trying to send select: to that.
> Any idea what's going on?

I presume you got around this but it seems the map has been "purged"
from the image. You can reload it from disk using:

        SMSqueakMap default reload

regards, Göran