SqueakMap error

Sophie424
I just tried to open SqueakMap package loader and got this option:

  "The map on disk is more than 10 days old. Update it from the internet?"

I chose "Yes", and got an error:

  "Reading an instance of ByteSymbol - which modern class should it
translate to?"

Any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks.

Re: SqueakMap error

Damien Cassou-3
itsme213 wrote:
> I just tried to open SqueakMap package loader and got this option:
>
>  "The map on disk is more than 10 days old. Update it from the internet?"
>
> I chose "Yes", and got an error:
>
>  "Reading an instance of ByteSymbol - which modern class should it
> translate to?"

Do you share your sm directory with multiple images ? It may be the
cause of the problem. Try removing this directory and try again.

Re: SqueakMap error

keith1y
I seem to remember getting this error if I open squeakMap from the link
provided in the introduction to squeak document. I found that it worked
if I use the "open..." menu to open SqueakMap.

Secondly there is a "update map from the net" menu item in the top left
pane of SqueakMap and it is best to run that on your first go too.

When you have squeakmap running I always save this as my first image
from which to begin working.

best regards

Keith

itsme213 wrote:

> I just tried to open SqueakMap package loader and got this option:
>
>  "The map on disk is more than 10 days old. Update it from the internet?"
>
> I chose "Yes", and got an error:
>
>  "Reading an instance of ByteSymbol - which modern class should it
> translate to?"
>
> Any suggestions or workarounds?
>
> Thanks.

Re: SqueakMap error