SqueakMap question

David T. Lewis
I am trying to add a new SqueakMap entry for VMMaker for a 'head' release
in order to simplify loading VMMaker in Squeak 4.3. Tim Rowledge added me
as co-maintainer on the SqueakMap account yesterday, so I should have the
proper access now.

I am trying to create the release from Squeak (a SMReleaseBrowser that I
open from the SqueakMap Package Loader). When I try to save the new entry,
I get an error that seems to indicate that SqueakMap does not think that my
dtl account has access to the VMMaker project. But from the map.squeak.org
web site, I am shown as co-maintainer of VMMaker.

The failure is in SMReleaseBrowser>>savePackageRelease: with a response
from the server that includes the string 'This account has no package
with id 2e7f103e-22a6-470d-affe-54b1d04ef34a'.

I cannot figure out what is wrong here. Maybe it's a caching problem of
some sort, since Tim just added me to the project within the last day?
Any ideas?

Attached is a screen shot of the entry I am trying to make.

Thanks,
Dave

SqueakMap-VMMaker-head.jpeg (81K) Download Attachment

Re: SqueakMap question

David T. Lewis
On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 10:53:14AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:

> I am trying to add a new SqueakMap entry for VMMaker for a 'head' release
> in order to simplify loading VMMaker in Squeak 4.3. Tim Rowledge added me
> as co-maintainer on the SqueakMap account yesterday, so I should have the
> proper access now.
>
> I am trying to create the release from Squeak (a SMReleaseBrowser that I
> open from the SqueakMap Package Loader). When I try to save the new entry,
> I get an error that seems to indicate that SqueakMap does not think that my
> dtl account has access to the VMMaker project. But from the map.squeak.org
> web site, I am shown as co-maintainer of VMMaker.
>
> The failure is in SMReleaseBrowser>>savePackageRelease: with a response
> from the server that includes the string 'This account has no package
> with id 2e7f103e-22a6-470d-affe-54b1d04ef34a'.
>
> I cannot figure out what is wrong here. Maybe it's a caching problem of
> some sort, since Tim just added me to the project within the last day?
> Any ideas?

An update: I am able to edit the VMMaker project on SqueakMap (I made a
minor update to point to the current location of the swiki page). But when
I select "edit releases" for VMMaker, the SqueakMap web interface gives me
a large red-font warning "Not authorized to update this release". Fair
enough, because the existing releases were done by someone else, and I
should not be allowed to go back in time and change them. But there appears
to be no way for me to create a new release without going through that screen,
so it looks like a catch-22.

I must be missing something obvious ... surely this cannot be the first time
in the history of SqueakMap that someone has tried to set up a co-maintainer
on a project ?!?

Dave

Re: SqueakMap question

Chris Muller-3
Hi Dave, if Tim is willing to let me add the "Community Supported" tag
to VMMaker, then you will be able to add a new release (head) which
will be stored in the file-area of YOUR account.

Would that work for you and Tim?

 - Chris

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 9:53 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to add a new SqueakMap entry for VMMaker for a 'head' release
> in order to simplify loading VMMaker in Squeak 4.3. Tim Rowledge added me
> as co-maintainer on the SqueakMap account yesterday, so I should have the
> proper access now.
>
> I am trying to create the release from Squeak (a SMReleaseBrowser that I
> open from the SqueakMap Package Loader). When I try to save the new entry,
> I get an error that seems to indicate that SqueakMap does not think that my
> dtl account has access to the VMMaker project. But from the map.squeak.org
> web site, I am shown as co-maintainer of VMMaker.
>
> The failure is in SMReleaseBrowser>>savePackageRelease: with a response
> from the server that includes the string 'This account has no package
> with id 2e7f103e-22a6-470d-affe-54b1d04ef34a'.
>
> I cannot figure out what is wrong here. Maybe it's a caching problem of
> some sort, since Tim just added me to the project within the last day?
> Any ideas?
>
> Attached is a screen shot of the entry I am trying to make.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Re: SqueakMap question

David T. Lewis
(cc to Tim)

Yes, that would be fine. Thanks Chris!

Dave

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 03:42:53PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:

> Hi Dave, if Tim is willing to let me add the "Community Supported" tag
> to VMMaker, then you will be able to add a new release (head) which
> will be stored in the file-area of YOUR account.
>
> Would that work for you and Tim?
>
>  - Chris
>

> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 9:53 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am trying to add a new SqueakMap entry for VMMaker for a 'head' release
> > in order to simplify loading VMMaker in Squeak 4.3. Tim Rowledge added me
> > as co-maintainer on the SqueakMap account yesterday, so I should have the
> > proper access now.
> >
> > I am trying to create the release from Squeak (a SMReleaseBrowser that I
> > open from the SqueakMap Package Loader). When I try to save the new entry,
> > I get an error that seems to indicate that SqueakMap does not think that my
> > dtl account has access to the VMMaker project. But from the map.squeak.org
> > web site, I am shown as co-maintainer of VMMaker.
> >
> > The failure is in SMReleaseBrowser>>savePackageRelease: with a response
> > from the server that includes the string 'This account has no package
> > with id 2e7f103e-22a6-470d-affe-54b1d04ef34a'.
> >
> > I cannot figure out what is wrong here. Maybe it's a caching problem of
> > some sort, since Tim just added me to the project within the last day?
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Attached is a screen shot of the entry I am trying to make.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dave

Re: SqueakMap question

Chris Muller-3
Ok, it's added.  "Create new Release" should work for you now.  Good
job to have "saved" all the fields in your screenshot -- I can't
remember whether that was absolutely required but I always just do it
just in case.

Thanks for documenting VMMaker in the Map.

 - Chris

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 4:05 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (cc to Tim)
>
> Yes, that would be fine. Thanks Chris!
>
> Dave
>
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 03:42:53PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
>> Hi Dave, if Tim is willing to let me add the "Community Supported" tag
>> to VMMaker, then you will be able to add a new release (head) which
>> will be stored in the file-area of YOUR account.
>>
>> Would that work for you and Tim?
>>
>>  - Chris
>>

>> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 9:53 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I am trying to add a new SqueakMap entry for VMMaker for a 'head' release
>> > in order to simplify loading VMMaker in Squeak 4.3. Tim Rowledge added me
>> > as co-maintainer on the SqueakMap account yesterday, so I should have the
>> > proper access now.
>> >
>> > I am trying to create the release from Squeak (a SMReleaseBrowser that I
>> > open from the SqueakMap Package Loader). When I try to save the new entry,
>> > I get an error that seems to indicate that SqueakMap does not think that my
>> > dtl account has access to the VMMaker project. But from the map.squeak.org
>> > web site, I am shown as co-maintainer of VMMaker.
>> >
>> > The failure is in SMReleaseBrowser>>savePackageRelease: with a response
>> > from the server that includes the string 'This account has no package
>> > with id 2e7f103e-22a6-470d-affe-54b1d04ef34a'.
>> >
>> > I cannot figure out what is wrong here. Maybe it's a caching problem of
>> > some sort, since Tim just added me to the project within the last day?
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Attached is a screen shot of the entry I am trying to make.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Dave

Re: SqueakMap question

David T. Lewis
Thanks Chris and Tim,

That took care of the problem. There is now a "head" package for VMMaker on
SqueakMap that loads the latest versions of VMMaker and related packages.
I got rid of all the old config maps on source.squeak.org/VMMaker, and that
seems to have taken care of the mess I had previously made out of the update
process. So now you can just go to SqueakMap and load VMMaker from the head
release, and it loads everything in a fairly reasonable way.

Dave