SqueakSource are down

Igor Stasenko
Hello,

:(

Guys, are there a reason , why we can't address this problem once and for all?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: SqueakSource are down

stephane ducasse-2

On Oct 19, 2010, at 12:50 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Hello,
>
> :(
>
> Guys, are there a reason , why we can't address this problem once and for all?

time and money - ESUG is planning to support a rewrite of squeaksource.
I imagine.
INRIA told me that they will set up and maintain a webdav server that we could use for squeak and pharo.
Now we will not have the nice features of squeaksource.
I'm just waiting for it.

> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: SqueakSource are down

LawsonEnglish
  On 10/19/10 4:16 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2010, at 12:50 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> :(
>>
>> Guys, are there a reason , why we can't address this problem once and for all?
> time and money - ESUG is planning to support a rewrite of squeaksource.
> I imagine.
> INRIA told me that they will set up and maintain a webdav server that we could use for squeak and pharo.
> Now we will not have the nice features of squeaksource.
> I'm just waiting for it.
>
> Stef

I take it that squeaksource isn't written in Seaside?

Lawson

Re: SqueakSource are down

Tobias Pape
Am 2010-10-19 um 13:30 schrieb Lawson English:

> On 10/19/10 4:16 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:
>> On Oct 19, 2010, at 12:50 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> :(
>>>
>>> Guys, are there a reason , why we can't address this problem once and for all?
>> time and money - ESUG is planning to support a rewrite of squeaksource.
>> I imagine.
>> INRIA told me that they will set up and maintain a webdav server that we could use for squeak and pharo.
>> Now we will not have the nice features of squeaksource.
>> I'm just waiting for it.
>>
>> Stef
>>

> I take it that squeaksource isn't written in Seaside?

squeaksource.com is written in Seaside 2.7 afaik.

Squeaksource2 (found on squeaksource.com and the gemsource) is based on seaside 2.8 and Magritte
I'm currently working on a port to seaside 3 with magritte 2.
Both work (or will work) on Gemstone. I've got a Squeaksource2 on GemStone running
at the HPI. What should I say, it haven't failed for 8 month now. :)

So Long,
        -Tobias