SqueakSource.com problem - write access and logins currently not working

SqueakSource.com problem - write access and logins currently not working

David T. Lewis
We are having a problem with access to squeaksource.com, both from the interactive
web interface at http://squeaksource.com, and from MC repositories in your images.
Read access is fine, but updates to squeaksource.com will fail with password violation
errors.

This is a problem in the server image. Cause of the problem is not yet determined,
but further information will be found on the box-admins list:

  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/box-admins/2017-October/date.html

Write access to squeaksource.com is likely to be disabled for up to 24 hours (just
guessing). If necessary, the image will be restored from a known-good backup from
17-Sept-2017, about 2 1/2 weeks ago. If that happens, some recent account changes
and new project registrations will be lost, but all actual commits to repositories
are stored on disk and will be preserved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dave

Re: SqueakSource.com problem - write access and logins currently not working

David T. Lewis
All should be well now, sorry if I caused any alarm.

There was a minor problem affecting only a couple of user accounts, and I will
reply separately for them.

If anyone does experience any access problems, please reply here to the list.

Thanks,
Dave