SqueakSource down?

Joshua Gargus-2
I can ping squeaksource.com, but going there with a web browser gives me the following error.  Can someone take a look at this?

Thanks,
Josh

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.
Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Operation timed out

Apache/1.3.33 Server at squeaksource.com Port 80

Re: SqueakSource down?

Joshua Gargus-2
Oops, sorry about the HTML mail.

Re: Re: SqueakSource down?

Lukas Renggli
Thanks it is running again.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Re: SqueakSource down?

Philippe Marschall
Can we do something against that? It starts to get annoying.

Philippe

2006/8/28, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
> Thanks it is running again.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Unix VM networking bug? (was Re: SqueakSource down?)

Bert Freudenberg-3
I haven't been able to get at the cause for the freezes, yet, for
impara's squeaksource installation (3.7 image, stock Linux 3.7-7 VM).

We guess it's related to a networking problem in the VM. Because when it
  freezes, I just need to VNC into the machine, move the mouse pointer,
and it comes alive again.

The freezes regularly occur under heavy load, that is, multiple package
uploads causing a save of the in-memory meta data. My gut feeling is
this is related to async i/o, which somehow blocks, and is woken up
again when an X11 network packet arrives.

OTOH, I haven't heard of similar reports for other seaside apps. OTTH,
the usage pattern in squeaksource might be unique, nobody else is
serializing a multi-megabyte object network for each modification.

- Bert -