SqueakSource failure and data loss

David T. Lewis

SqueakSource has apparently experienced a failure with resulting data loss.
If you have made any commits during the last several days, check to see
if they are still present on SqueakSource.

Eliot, I believe this includes your recent oscog update.

The data loss appears to go back to at least April 23, and possibly
further.

I have recopied VMMaker-dtl.227 and VMMaker-dtl.228 to the server but I
am not certain what else may have been lost.

Dave

Re: SqueakSource failure and data loss

Chris Muller-3

Randal has been making backups, probably has the files..?

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:09 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> SqueakSource has apparently experienced a failure with resulting data loss.
> If you have made any commits during the last several days, check to see
> if they are still present on SqueakSource.
>
> Eliot, I believe this includes your recent oscog update.
>
> The data loss appears to go back to at least April 23, and possibly
> further.
>
> I have recopied VMMaker-dtl.227 and VMMaker-dtl.228 to the server but I
> am not certain what else may have been lost.
>
> Dave

Re: SqueakSource failure and data loss

Randal L. Schwartz

Chris> Randal has been making backups, probably has the files..?

Not squeaksource.  Just squeak.org.  Different machines.

See http://methodsandmessages.posterous.com/ for Smalltalk discussion

Re: SqueakSource failure and data loss

Eliot Miranda-2

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 4:09 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

SqueakSource has apparently experienced a failure with resulting data loss.
If you have made any commits during the last several days, check to see
if they are still present on SqueakSource.

Eliot, I believe this includes your recent oscog update.

Indeed. I'm currently importing VMMaker.oscog-eem.55 &  VMMaker.oscog-eem.56.

Thanks for the heads up.

cheers,
Eliot