Squeakfest 2013 in Uruguay

Rita Freudenberg
There will be a Squeakfest again in Uruguay at June, 7th - 9th, this time in Atlantida. Etoys will cover the major part of the event, but there will also be workshops in Python, turtle art and robotics. After all, Uruguay is the country with XO-laptops in every elementary school and teachers are using the software which comes with Sugar.

From our education team, Randall Caton and myself are going to present Etoys workshops. This year, I'll introduce Kedama. I'm looking forward to an inspiring event!

If you want to help or know someone who would like to, I created a crowdfunding page to collect money to help to cover our travel cost. Please share as you like!

Re: Squeakfest 2013 in Uruguay

Ron Teitelbaum-2

Hi Rita,

Just added an article for you.

http://news.squeak.org/2013/05/23/squeakfest-2013-in-uruguay/

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering

3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting

[hidden email]

Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum

www.3dicc.com

3d ICC on G+

There will be a Squeakfest again in Uruguay at June, 7th - 9th, this time in Atlantida. Etoys will cover the major part of the event, but there will also be workshops in Python, turtle art and robotics. After all, Uruguay is the country with XO-laptops in every elementary school and teachers are using the software which comes with Sugar.

From our education team, Randall Caton and myself are going to present Etoys workshops. This year, I'll introduce Kedama. I'm looking forward to an inspiring event!

If you want to help or know someone who would like to, I created a crowdfunding page to collect money to help to cover our travel cost. Please share as you like!

Re: Squeakfest 2013 in Uruguay

Jeffrey Estep

On May 23, 2013, at 12:07 PM, "Ron Teitelbaum" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Rita,

Just added an article for you.

http://news.squeak.org/2013/05/23/squeakfest-2013-in-uruguay/

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Head Of Engineering

3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting

[hidden email]

Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum

www.3dicc.com

3d ICC on G+

There will be a Squeakfest again in Uruguay at June, 7th - 9th, this time in Atlantida. Etoys will cover the major part of the event, but there will also be workshops in Python, turtle art and robotics. After all, Uruguay is the country with XO-laptops in every elementary school and teachers are using the software which comes with Sugar.

From our education team, Randall Caton and myself are going to present Etoys workshops. This year, I'll introduce Kedama. I'm looking forward to an inspiring event!

If you want to help or know someone who would like to, I created a crowdfunding page to collect money to help to cover our travel cost. Please share as you like!

Re: Squeakfest 2013 in Uruguay

Kim Rose-2
Hi, Rita -

I wanted to make a small contribution from Viewpoints but the "crowdfunding" site wasn't working properly and errored-out when I was supposed to be directed to PayPal to complete the payment. Can I send funds via paypal to your email address directly?

Good luck and delighted to see this continuing!
Regards,
Kim

Viewpoints Research is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to improving "powerful ideas education" for the world's children and advancing the state of systems research and personal computing. Please visit us online at www.vpri.org

On May 23, 2013, at 11:41 PM, Rita Freudenberg wrote:

> There will be a Squeakfest again in Uruguay at June, 7th - 9th, this time in Atlantida. Etoys will cover the major part of the event, but there will also be workshops in Python, turtle art and robotics. After all, Uruguay is the country with XO-laptops in every elementary school and teachers are using the software which comes with Sugar.
>
> http://squeakfest2013.weebly.com/
>
> From our education team, Randall Caton and myself are going to present Etoys workshops. This year, I'll introduce Kedama. I'm looking forward to an inspiring event!
>
> If you want to help or know someone who would like to, I created a crowdfunding page to collect money to help to cover our travel cost. Please share as you like!
>
> http://crowdfundedu.com/fundraiser/educators-to-squeakfest
>
> Greetings,
> Rita
>
> Rita Freudenberg

Re: Squeakfest 2013 in Uruguay

Harness, Kathleen
Hi Rita,
I wanted to contribute via crowdfunding but the "Contribute Now" links to a Facebook account user name and password request. I do not have a Facebook account so is there another way? Kim suggested maybe direct to your Pay Pal account. I do have a Pay Pal account.

It is great that you and Randy are going to represent Squeakland in a event with so many teachers who are using Etoys. I want to help.
Let me know.
Kathleen

There will be a Squeakfest again in Uruguay at June, 7th - 9th, this time in Atlantida. Etoys will cover the major part of the event, but there will also be workshops in Python, turtle art and robotics. After all, Uruguay is the country with XO-laptops in every elementary school and teachers are using the software which comes with Sugar.

From our education team, Randall Caton and myself are going to present Etoys workshops. This year, I'll introduce Kedama. I'm looking forward to an inspiring event!