Squeakfest

Rita Freudenberg
Dear all,

while preparing Squeakfests, we are thinking about what kind of
workshops to provide and of having a technical track, too. So what I
would like to know, is, what do *you* want to see or hear about on
Squeakfest? Please tell us your ideas!

Greetings,
Rita

Re: Squeakfest

Hilaire Fernandes-4
Although more tech centric, it may be interesting to show what
developer can do in top of Etoys to extend it with new artifacts.

Hilaire

2009/5/27 Rita Freudenberg <[hidden email]>:

> Dear all,
>
> while preparing Squeakfests, we are thinking about what kind of workshops to
> provide and of having a technical track, too. So what I would like to know,
> is, what do *you* want to see or hear about on Squeakfest? Please tell us
> your ideas!
>
> Greetings,
> Rita

http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire

Re: Squeakfest

Rita Freudenberg
Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> Although more tech centric, it may be interesting to show what
> developer can do in top of Etoys to extend it with new artifacts.

Yes, I think that this would be interesting. Do you think about
something particular or rather about how to add new things on top of
Etoys in general? It sure would be a good idea to have both, teachers
and developers, discussing these kind of things!

Rita

> Hilaire
>
> 2009/5/27 Rita Freudenberg <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> while preparing Squeakfests, we are thinking about what kind of workshops to
>> provide and of having a technical track, too. So what I would like to know,
>> is, what do *you* want to see or hear about on Squeakfest? Please tell us
>> your ideas!
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Rita

Rita Freudenberg
FIN-ISG
Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg
http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/isg/rita.html

Re: Squeakfest

Hilaire Fernandes-4
2009/6/4 Rita Freudenberg <[hidden email]>:

> Yes, I think that this would be interesting. Do you think about something
> particular or rather about how to add new things on top of Etoys in general?

My though is we can have more pedagogical added value in Etoys if it
comes or proposes more higher level artifacts, like Kedama, DrGeo.

I know very well the primary school teachers there, the easier they
can get to produce content, the most they will use Etoys.
As it is now, the proposed artifacts in Etoys are for most teachers
too low level. Understand, it need too much investment from the
teachers to produce something tangible, so most of the time they think
"nice, but no thanks, I can't afford it".

Of course, we can alway expose situation where teachers take the
opportunity, but if you look at these situations, there are important
outside support, not exactly the average situation, in the average
school.

I have many though about what kind of artifacts will make Etoys more
teacher friendly. Those ones does not need to be as complex as Kedama
or DrGeo.

I wrote a note about this overall idea of artifacts in Etoys.
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire/index.php?post/2008/05/01/Operational-thinking

> It sure would be a good idea to have both, teachers and developers,
> discussing these kind of things!

Absolutely.

Hilaire