Squeakland Windows Installer

Fournier Eric
I need to make a Windows 2000/ME/XP installer for my distribution.
I'm using the trail that the Squeakland installation leaves behind as
a starting point, and I have a pretty good idea what gets installed
where.

Can I get a list of Registry changes made as part of the installation?

Also, what was used to create it? Is it possible for me to obtain the
source for the project? Thanks in advance.

Eric Fournier
University Technology Development Center
University of Minnesota Office of Information Technology

Re: Squeakland Windows Installer

Göran Krampe
Hi!

Look at:

        http://swiki.krampe.se/gohu/23

regards, Göran

PS. Cees has a newer version based on that one, but I don't recall the
URL.

Re: Squeakland Windows Installer

Cees De Groot
From: Cees De Groot <[hidden email]>
To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
<[hidden email]>
Date: Oct 23 2005 - 7:23pm

Hi,

I was bored for 10 minutes so decided to do a bit about the
first-user-experience. The result can be admired at
http://www.tric.nl/~cg/Squeak3.8-6665full-installer.exe in the form of
a nice NSIS installer which creates start menu icons and desktop icons
and all that nauseating stuff :).

The sources are at
http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/WindowsInstaller/InstallerBuilder-CdG.1.mcz
and replicating this is quite simple:

- put the source files for the installer in a src/ subdirectory
- load the mcz in an image
- install NSIS (http://nsis.sourceforge.net/)
- execute
Win32InstallerBuilder buildInstallerForProduct: 'Squeak3.8'
version: '6665full'

Maybe an idea to collect Linux, MacOS X, .. installers in the same package?

Anyway, I hope this is useful and that the resulting executable finds
its way to squeak.org. As usual, feedback is most appreciated

> Hi!
>
> Look at:
>
>         http://swiki.krampe.se/gohu/23
>
> regards, Göran
>
> PS. Cees has a newer version based on that one, but I don't recall the
> URL.

Re: Squeakland Windows Installer

Takashi Yamamiya
Hi,

This is another installer script which I made for Japanese
distribution.  http://metatoys.org/pub/sqland2005j/squeakland05.nsi

This NSIS script includes almost registry Squeakland installer sets
up.  I think WriteRegStr directives in this help you. You can
download another necessary files for making installer from
http://metatoys.org/pub/sqland2005j/ .

regards,
-- Takashi