StarSqueak repository?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

On 4/24/17, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> StarSqueak? Probably removed during the 3.9 "cleanup". You might find it
> on squeaksource.com if you're lucky. Else, you'll have to extract it from
> 3.8.
>
> Levente

I had a look at

http://www.squeaksource.com

which claims to have it in project
    http://www.squeaksource.com/uss

but I did not find it. Nor in

http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/squeaksource
or
http://www.squeaksource.com/Ladrillos

I found the following StarSqueak-uss in my private repository. (Attached)

Name: StarSqueak-uss
Author: avi
Time: 25 September 2004, 12:01:18 pm
UUID: d86cedcf-0ed9-11d9-9fe8-000a95db7844
Ancestors:

Initial import into UnstableSqueak.  Based on Squeak 3.8a-6229.

I wonder if there is a newer version.
However the one attached works fine so far. See screen shot with

    StarSqueakAntColony new openInWorld

(choose 'start' from the red halo menu)

Do I understand correctly that Kedama is the Etoys scriptable version
of StarSqueak?

--Hannes

StarSqueak-uss.mcz (25K) Download Attachment
StarSqueakAntColony_Screenshot_2017-04-24.png (33K) Download Attachment

Re: StarSqueak repository?

Hannes Hirzel
Found the wiki page with a local copy and instructions

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2292

StarSqueak is a Squeak version of Mitchel Resnick's Star Logo, a
simulation environment designed to explore massively parallel
simulations with hundreds or thousands of turtles. See the excellent
book "Turtles, Termites, and Traffic Jams: Explorations in Massively
Parallel Microworlds" by Mitchel Resnick, MIT Press, 1994.

This is about the Smalltalk version.

No idea about the current status of the Etoys version in Squeak 6.0a