Starting Seaside Online

Kirk Fraser
I downloaded the one-click experience of Seaside which when running tells me:
The Seaside application server is already running on port 8080. Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/seaside to give it a try.  So far so good.

Now how do I get it to work under WAMP (Windows Apache etc.)  which easily runs my html websites as virtual hosts?  I have tried many bits of advice which have failed so far on my system, including an exact copy of what works for another user who may be using Apache directly without WAMP or have other setup differences.

The WAMP server expects something under a website folder pointed to in the Vhost files but the only thing I could think of is an html redirect which works on localhost but fails on internet.  I assume once I can get a sample Seaside application like sushiNet to appear online, I'll be able to start developing my own web pages using Seaside.

Thank you.

Re: Starting Seaside Online

Bert Freudenberg

On 09.11.2009, at 08:08, Overcomer Man wrote:

> I downloaded the one-click experience of Seaside which when running
> tells me:
> The Seaside application server is already running on port 8080.
> Point your browser to http://localhost:8080/seaside to give it a
> try.  So far so good.
>
> Now how do I get it to work under WAMP (Windows Apache etc.)  which
> easily runs my html websites as virtual hosts?  I have tried many
> bits of advice which have failed so far on my system, including an
> exact copy of what works for another user who may be using Apache
> directly without WAMP or have other setup differences.
>
> The WAMP server expects something under a website folder pointed to
> in the Vhost files but the only thing I could think of is an html
> redirect which works on localhost but fails on internet.  I assume
> once I can get a sample Seaside application like sushiNet to appear
> online, I'll be able to start developing my own web pages using
> Seaside.
>
> Thank you.

You need to set up Apache to forward requests to Seaside, which uses
its own built-in webserver:

http://www.google.com/search?q=seaside+apache+proxy

- Bert -