Starting Smalltalk with Squeak problem with color selector

Starting Smalltalk with Squeak problem with color selector

Tom18
Hello all,

I am starting programming in smalltalk and I would like to create a morph in which I would like to insert a color selector that changes the color of my morph.
Maybe it is easy to do but I have tried many times without success.

Thanks for the future responses.

Re: [squeak-dev] Starting Smalltalk with Squeak problem with color selector

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Tom18 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am starting programming in smalltalk and I would like to create a morph in
> which I would like to insert a color selector that changes the color of my
> morph.
> Maybe it is easy to do but I have tried many times without success.

welcome in our community. Other people might help you precisely. Some
resources you might be interested into:

http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier/Smalltalk/flyers

Bye

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: [squeak-dev] Starting Smalltalk with Squeak problem with color selector

Cameron Sanders-2
Somebody just shared this on the Pharo list:

UITheme exampleOtherControls

Also

UITheme exampleColorControls
UITheme exampleBasicControls
UITheme exampleGroups
UITheme exampleOtherControls
UITheme exampleWindowWithToolbars

Good luck, and enjoy the journey!
Cam

On Apr 29, 2009, at 6:35 AM, Tom18 wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am starting programming in smalltalk and I would like to create a
> morph in
> which I would like to insert a color selector that changes the color
> of my
> morph.
> Maybe it is easy to do but I have tried many times without success.
>
> Thanks for the future responses.

Re: [squeak-dev] Starting Smalltalk with Squeak problem with color selector

K. K. Subramaniam
On Wednesday 29 April 2009 4:05:12 pm Tom18 wrote:
> I am starting programming in smalltalk and I would like to create a morph
> in which I would like to insert a color selector that changes the color of
> my morph.
From an inspector of that morph, type
        self changeColor
and doIt to get a color selector will popup to change the color of a morph.
You can add a small button to the morph that sends this message when clicked.
The senders of this method has many examples of usage.

HTH .. Subbu

Thanks for the future responses.

Re: [squeak-dev] Starting Smalltalk with Squeak problem with color selector

Tom18
What is the version and the package you are mentioning ? I cannot find it with Pharo.
Thanks for the help.

Cameron Sanders-2 wrote