Static Site Generators ?

Chris Cunnington-4
HtmlFileStream example1

Chris

Re: Static Site Generators ?

Hannes Hirzel
Yes,

    HtmlFileStream example1

is an example but compared to what is available here

    https://www.staticgen.com/

it is too simple.

I am looking for something which implements a 'theme' and creates a
responsive web page.

Not too complex, for example this

        https://purecss.io/layouts/side-menu/

should do for the moment.

So it should know about navigation (sidebar), main section and have a
hamburger menu....

I have started to take that template, put it into a class
SinglePageTemplate1 and put in place holders for the content.

Something like

| gen |
gen := StaticSiteGenerator1 new.
gen websiteRootDirectory:  '../../../dev-website'.
gen singlePageTemplate: #SinglePageTemplate1 sectionName: 'post'.
gen useContentCollection: aColl andPutIntoSectionNamed: 'post'.
gen landingPageType: #ListPageTemplate1 usingContentsOfSectionNamed: 'post'.
gen generate.

However on a more general level MetalSmith (linked to on
https://www.staticgen.com/) is probably a good example to follow.

StaticSiteGenerator
- Get all files/objects in input directory / input collection / JSON
db. The objects have a 'pagetype' and a 'weight' field.
- Apply a series of transformations to these collection of
JsonObjects. Not necessarily all objects are affected in every step.
- Write out the result using code stored on the class side of template classes.

However more pointers to existing efforts are welcome ....

Chris, I remember vaguely that you once did a web framework which
allows you to create static HTML code. Is this correct?

--Hannes

On 3/5/18, Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]> wrote:
> HtmlFileStream example1
>
> Chris

Re: Static Site Generators ?

Hannes Hirzel
P.S. After the code has been generated by Squeak it should work
independently. Even just from the file system (no need for a web
server).