Status of Alien FFI in windows Re: [Pharo-project] plan for 1.1

Status of Alien FFI in windows Re: [Pharo-project] plan for 1.1

Mariano Martinez Peck

So...which is the status of Alien FFI ?

I remember Marco Schmidt did the first work of running FFI in windows...then I think David was integrating such changes in VMMaker..

so, it is ready ? can be generate the plugin using VMMaker for winwows and it just works?

Thanks for any update

Mariano

2010/5/26 Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]>
Where can I read something about Alien?  I can give a little hand for the windows part :).

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stef,

I am more concerned about Alien on Linux, which is not working.  Beyond that, I want to learn more about how to make calls using Alien; the more I read, the more I have my doubts about its ease of use.  I will gladly eat those words if it's easy to use.

Bill

Re: [Pharo-project] Status of Alien FFI in windows Re: plan for 1.1

Igor Stasenko

2010/5/31 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> So...which is the status of Alien FFI ?
>
> I remember Marco Schmidt did the first work of running FFI in windows...then
> I think David was integrating such changes in VMMaker..
>
> so, it is ready ? can be generate the plugin using VMMaker for winwows and
> it just works?
>
> Thanks for any update

I managed to build Alien plugin for win32. And it didn't built without
manual sources patching.
I described it in another thread, not long ago.
Try search mail archives.

> Mariano
>
> 2010/5/26 Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Where can I read something about Alien?  I can give a little hand for the
>> windows part :).
>>
>> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Stef,
>>>
>>> I am more concerned about Alien on Linux, which is not working.  Beyond
>>> that, I want to learn more about how to make calls using Alien; the more I
>>> read, the more I have my doubts about its ease of use.  I will gladly eat
>>> those words if it's easy to use.
>>>
>>> Bill

>>> From: [hidden email]
>>> [[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Stéphane Ducasse
>>> [[hidden email]]
>>> Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 10:04 AM
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] plan for 1.1
>>>
>>> yes this is good point.
>>> I would like to have alien or ffi in 1.1. Now I do not know the status of
>>> Alien on windows.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.