Status of VMMaker

Mathieu SUEN

Hi,

I would like to know the Status of the VMMaker project.
When I look at the SqueakMap repository nothing has change since 2
years.

I have found a repository:
http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker.html

Is it still in use?

        Mth

Re: Status of VMMaker

timrowledge

VMMaker is still the standard tool used to build the vm code.

Nothing much has happened recently because
a) not a lot has happened
b) I have no time available to do anything with what has happened
c) no one has offered money, valuta, sex, etc in return for me doing
b) above

The squeaksource repository is not used - I had intentions but no
time. I still have intentions but no time.

On 28-May-07, at 11:03 AM, Mathieu Suen wrote:
> When I look at the SqueakMap repository nothing has change since 2
> years.
This is not correct. The latest VMMaker package on squeakmap is dated
april 06. The 2 year old date you are seeing is the >squeak< version
date, not the vmmaker date.

tim
Strange OpCodes: IA: Illogical And

Re: Status of VMMaker

Andreas.Raab

tim Rowledge wrote:
> VMMaker is still the standard tool used to build the vm code.
>
> Nothing much has happened recently because
> a) not a lot has happened

There has been progress for Croquet at

   http://jabberwocky.croquetproject.org:8889/Homebase.html

We should sync the work sometime soon.

> b) I have no time available to do anything with what has happened
> c) no one has offered money, valuta, sex, etc in return for me doing b)
> above

I'll offer a wet handshake in return ;-) (does that expression exist in
english? it's quite common in German)

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Status of VMMaker

David T. Lewis

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 11:07:55PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:
> tim Rowledge wrote:
> >b) I have no time available to do anything with what has happened
> >c) no one has offered money, valuta, sex, etc in return for me doing b)
> >above
>
> I'll offer a wet handshake in return ;-) (does that expression exist in
> english? it's quite common in German)

I have never heard the expression in English, but it requires no further translation ;-)

Dave